next years hols oban?

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
just had 10 days at berwick then edinburgh, so map & books out for next years main outing.looking at oban area anyone been to north ledaig?if so, how far is it to oban. also which is the best way to get there without using the A82 (not keen on the loch lomand road)

thanks lyn

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Lyn

We have a week at north Ledaig every year, We live in Perth so only 2 hours away for us. The site is 8 miles from Oban. We walked to Oban this year in 2 hrs 45 min. and took the bus back. Bus every hour and stops outside the sight. ( into and from Oban).

If cming from the south I woukd suggrst come up ro Stirling and then through Callander to Lochernhead, Crianlarich, Tyndrom and onto Oban. Much better than Loch Lomand. If you are goimg to North Ledaig book early and request a front pitch. This gives a great view over Mull with no one in front of you. They are very good at meeting your request if they have enough notice.

Graham

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
north ledaig is a very good site indeed but if it is full which in busy times is always is (which says something) toilets very modern and always clean plus free showers.dog walks onsite and shop.bendaloch only a mile away has a feul station and caravan spares shop and a small but full shop.

other site to think about

if you have no kids would be seaview caravanpark.lovely woman runs this and its quite cheap too.

try this link

http://www.travel-library.com/campgrounds/europe/uk/scotland/oban/seaview_caravan_&_camping_park.html
also try these

Here is a list of other Campgrounds / RV Parks in Oban:

Tralee Bay Holiday Park Benderloch PA37 1QR

Oban Caravan & Camping Park Gallanachmore FarmGallanach Road PA34 4QH

Oban Divers Caravan Park Glenshellach Road PA34 4QJ

Sunnybrae Caravan Park South Cuan PA34 4TU

Caravans at Highfield 3 Kiel Croft PA37 1QS

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
north ledaig is a very good site indeed but if it is full which in busy times is always is (which says something) toilets very modern and always clean plus free showers.dog walks onsite and shop.bendaloch only a mile away has a feul station and caravan spares shop and a small but full shop.

other site to think about

if you have no kids would be seaview caravanpark.lovely woman runs this and its quite cheap too.

try this link

http://www.travel-library.com/campgrounds/europe/uk/scotland/oban/seaview_caravan_&_camping_park.html
also try these

Here is a list of other Campgrounds / RV Parks in Oban:

Tralee Bay Holiday Park Benderloch PA37 1QR

Oban Caravan & Camping Park Gallanachmore FarmGallanach Road PA34 4QH

Oban Divers Caravan Park Glenshellach Road PA34 4QJ

Sunnybrae Caravan Park South Cuan PA34 4TU

Caravans at Highfield 3 Kiel Croft PA37 1QS
thanks for your comments,but 2 days after my husband asked me to post this topic he collapsed and died (age 52).At this moment in time i want to have a go at towing the van.So if i get enough courage i will hopfully visit some of the sites mentioned.

thanks lyn

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
lyn,

I have only just read your posts. I would like to offer deep sympathy for your loss.

It must have been the most terrible shock for you and your family.

I imagine it is very early days yet, for you to think about caravanning. I lost my husband in Dec 2006 and I now caravan alone, with my dogs. I was fortunate, as I used to tow when my husband was alive, however,we hadn't caravanned for about 8 years. About a year after he passed away, I bought myself a small van, had a motor mover put on it and away I went!

I toured Scotland over a 4 week period in May this year, I found other caravanners and wardens very helpful. It was great!

When you feel up to it, I would say 'go for it'

Best wishes

Linda

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
It is only the top end of A82 that is difficult, take A82 to Tarbet, then A83 to Inveraray, thro' arch onto Dalmally road and onto Oban from there, especially if coming up M6 from the west, easy run and quieter roads!

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
It is only the top end of A82 that is difficult, take A82 to Tarbet, then A83 to Inveraray, thro' arch onto Dalmally road and onto Oban from there, especially if coming up M6 from the west, easy run and quieter roads!

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS