Night Stop en Route to Disney

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we are going to the 4 winds ( les quatre vents ) ,on an early 0830 shuffle , but in case we can get an earlier train as we are planning to set off from the midlands after the M25 rush say 0001 -0030 , is there a safe place to stop for a few hours before heading south , bearing in mind it will be 2am when arriving in france . Aire baie de somme has been suggested , but obviosly means driving A16 - A29 - A1 rather than A26 - A1 . thanks Pip

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Baie de Somme is well out of your way for Les 4 Vents - it will take an hour to get there from the Eurotunnel terminal.

There are several Aires on the A26 - in the past we've stayed overnight at the one near St Omer, which is reasonably quiet, and has good showers for the morning. I'm sorry I can't remember the name, and don't have my map book to hand. You will need to exchange your car keys for the shower key if you use the shower in the morning, so we usually take a bunch of old keys (instead of our car keys) which they are quite happy to accept.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Baie de Somme is well out of your way for Les 4 Vents - it will take an hour to get there from the Eurotunnel terminal.

There are several Aires on the A26 - in the past we've stayed overnight at the one near St Omer, which is reasonably quiet, and has good showers for the morning. I'm sorry I can't remember the name, and don't have my map book to hand. You will need to exchange your car keys for the shower key if you use the shower in the morning, so we usually take a bunch of old keys (instead of our car keys) which they are quite happy to accept.
Thanks Val , will look at map later tonight , as you say BDS is out of the way . Rgds Pip

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts