NO BALL GAMES-YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED-ITS IN THE OFFICIAL CARAVA...

Page 8 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 25, 2005
Visit site
I've just received my Big Sites Book 2007-2008 (C&CC) which states:

"It is forbidden to fly kites and model aircraft and to use catapults, airguns, firearms, bows and arrows, etc., on site. Ball games are permitted only with PERMISSION of the Steward on an open space well away from units."

Sorry kiddywinks you'll have to bring your tiddlywinks instead!

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Now then Ann, don't open another can of worms. Do you not realise that cris is proberbly world champion tiddlywinks player of all time, along with his many other qualifications!!!!!!!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Sorry GrahamW - I will try to behave myself. I now await chris coming online!
Especially 4 U

Daves original post -

"having read about the no balls use on site,and new to caravanning will i be able to use my stunt kite on camping and caravanning sites or caravan club sites.

the general comments appear that football amonst outfits dont appear to be a problem"

My responses -

" Any decent stunt kite uses Spectra kite lines.

If you even think of flying with that near people you need locking up, it is stronger than steel wire and will cut an ear off or lacerate a neck arm or leg ! "

"I was explaining the dangers of any fool using even the most simple of kites on a camp site unless there is a very empty safe area."

There are other sites other than CC and some we've used have safe kite flying areas and welcome kite flyers to entertain those that are interested in plain kite flying or sports such as kite surfing as you have to learn to control and fly the kite

on land before you face the potential dangers on the water.

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Chumba,

it'syour tone that is wrong. I have two kids and two grandchildren and all to my knowledge have not given cause for anxiety to otehrs when out playing. We are aware of other's feelings when we are out.

Other Clive
sorry clive but this is a forum for views and theres mine.and i do watch my children when out playing and as i said they know better than to play football round the van to a degree where its going to cause damage.if theres a problem i would expect to be told as i would tell others.

chumba

May 20, 2006
Visit site
I would avoid swingball, i knocked my mams teeth out with this game when i was a kid, we were on the beach in porthcawl and i was playing swingball with my sister, suddenly the sand on my hand made the bat slip and it hurtled across the beach straight into my mams mouth, i knocked out several teeth, she was very good about it, (it was probably too painfaul for her to give me row) but the 45 min drive to the hospital was very solemn. several months later and lots of work and she was back to normal.

can laugh about it now, but i will never play it again, lol.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ann trust me to spoil there fun, I have just applied for a application form for National Site Wardens Post see forum for details, do you think they would consider me. Liz

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Probably just the tip of the iceberg. Next they will ban bikes then dogs, children, men with beards (That's me out then) socks when worn with sandals, motor homes, barbecues, televisions, satellite dishes, aerials on long poles bolted to the 'A' frame, winbreaks and finally caravans. Should be nice and safe then.
great where's this site im going

Apr 4, 2007
Visit site
i have a 4 year old whose not averse to a couple of tantrums herself - usually wakes at 8.00 a.m. to 8.30 a.m. phew that's a reief mine won't be the earliest!!! then on the other end of the scale i have a moody 15 year old who like another person here said would never see 7.00 a.m. let alone 10.00 a.m.!!!

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
hi just back from easter break and i'm afraid to say we had to complain about kids playing football. We where pitched next to toilet block and everyday a full team of footballers would appear to have a game they used the entrance to the toilets for their goal posts, we put up with it for the first day, i have kids to and i dont like to complain, but over the whole weekend this continued till 11pm each night. the final straw was when our car got hit 3 times. We told the warden about this. he did chase them but when he left they just came back, the most annoying thing was there was a large football field for them to play in with goal posts. If anything it has taught us never to pitch beside toilet blocks.

Apr 17, 2007
Visit site
I am so pleased you have brought to my attention that 7am is early. My husband spent most of his working life getting up at 4:30 and getting home again at around 7pm. To us 7 am is late! Still we don

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
I am pleased to see that at last the CC has decided to ban any balls around the Caravans, there should be no Bikes, Ball, Kites, or anything that is likely to do damage to others property, How on earth can anyone relax knowing that any minute their Van is going to be hit, sorry but this type of behaviour is not acceptable.so lets not beat about the bush.

Shiba.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Surely the answer to this is as simple as not using CC sites if you do not like the rules they lay down. The alternative is to petition the club to change the rules and obtain enough support from members to carry your changes through. All too often people only follow the rules that they like while slating the rules that are either not convenient or not to their liking.

Marc

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A very small person was playing with a foam football( which would knock over a wine glass) in the large middle grass area at Bladon Chains over easter and my six year old went and joined him, my eleven year old then had a bit of fun with the small small children. A complaint to the warden was put in and very soon both my children came back saying they had been told off by the warden. There is provision for footbal at Bladon all be it far away at one extreme end of the site. My children knew the rules and i had no sympathy for them and proceeded to read the riot act to them both for good measure.

1- Not really necessary for adults to run to wardens to tell tales.

2- Approach the children in a civilised manaor and point out the rror of their ways.

3 Full marks to the wardens for taking the time to politely asking the children to go to the football field.

But because it was out of sight we didn't let the youngest go without his big brother

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Neil,

The tone of your reply suggests that you are a reasonable and approachable person. However not everyone would be comfortable following your appraoch due the response/reaction they may receive from some parents. Hence the need to approach the wardens and ask them to do their job.

Over Easter I was on Rowntree Park in York which does not have play area, albeit there is a large park next door. However this is too far for parents to allow kids to go on their own as they would be completely out of sight.

The kids from 2 vans next to us were playing with a football,basketball frisbee and badmington set throughout the week and my car and caravan was hit on several occassions resulting the need to ask them to be more careful which was reiterated by the parents. This however did not stop them playing.

There was no signs of enforcement of the rules by the Wardens and in fact I have to say in the time I was there I did not see them patrol the park once.

I am not anti- child - I have a 15 month old daughter and nieces and nephews, but have to say I agree with this rule completely. I just wish the wardens would do there job properly and enforce. Prevention is better than cure so to my mind they should be re-iterating the site rules on arrival - particularly where they allow non-members on site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts