Norfolk n chance

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We are getting the occasional Hercules type aircraft coming over and you can almost see the faces of the pilots, they are that low. Now and then we have a fighter jet, but we know who the pilot is and it is his way of saying Hi to his Mom below. :D

Reactions: Steve1962
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Glad it is all working, just looking at why a 30 amp fuse.
I was told by the dealer that this is the fuse for the motor mover.
They were adamant that the inline fuse from the battery would be a 20 amp fuse but I sent them photos showing the 30 amp fuse and the only other fuse I can see is a 15 amp blade fuse.

I am going to chat with them tomorrow but perhaps if anyone else has a 2017 Bailey Unicorn Valencia perhaps they can tell me what fuses they have under the bed.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just looked through the Power touch motor mover electrical diagram, and there is only a 125 amp fuse in the circuit.
Yet again I cannot remember why I bought a 30 amp Blade fuse.
Strange.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Right, that’s it, I have had enough!
Been here since Saturday, and now there’s a bloody cloud in the sky, dunno why I bothered coming all the way to Norfolk 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just looked through the Power touch motor mover electrical diagram, and there is only a 125 amp fuse in the circuit.
Yet again I cannot remember why I bought a 30 amp Blade fuse.
Strange.
I am fairly sure that our Powertouch mover has a large 20 or 30 amp blade fuse?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Right, that’s it, I have had enough!
Been here since Saturday, and now there’s a bloody cloud in the sky, dunno why I bothered coming all the way to Norfolk 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Looking out the window it raining here in Lincolnshire so if you only got a cloud i would be thankfull

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Out n about again today, went to see the ( hiding) seals at Horsey beach, ( closed today) Happisburgh Lighthouse, and had a bite to eat at Poppylands 1940’s cafe…. As a man with will power when it comes to food, I opted for the smaller Blitzkrieg breakfast🤣🤣🤣
Some really interesting artifacts from WW2 in there so I took a few snaps.
I did ask ( it’s the northern in me) if the cost was also linked to the 1940’s but was politely rebuffed🤣🤣🤣.
Currently loitering in North Walsham but heading back to base shortly.

Steve

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Off to Wells next the sea today.

Yesterday and this morning there have been lots of fighter jets overhead, and before you comment….. IT WASN’T ME🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
In my experience, Norfolk always has lots of fighter jets overhead - usually USAAF from Lakenheath but sometimes Seals/Rangers from Sculthorpe.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
In my experience, Norfolk always has lots of fighter jets overhead - usually USAAF from Lakenheath but sometimes Seals/Rangers from Sculthorpe.
In 1982 you would have seen Harriers flying against French airforce Mirages in unofficial combat as the Mirages just happened to be in the area. Nice gesture from France.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Currently sat in a tea room on the sea front at Southwold, it’s very nice here.
Strikes me as the sort of place where folk have real fruit on the dining table🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
So today’s sortie into Southwold was very enjoyable - overcast in the morning but bright sunshine in the afternoon.
We wandered the streets, I annoyed people by tutting when they had the audacity to wander into view as I was trying my David Bailey bit with my I phone 15🤣🤣🤣, and we went down to the harbour and partook of a nice lunch - cod and chips for me ( ever the experimenter me🤣🤣🤣), and seabass for the wife.
At the top of town near the seafront is a Sailors reading retreat, and I spent some time inside looking at photos and reading information on those who have lived here and worked at sea.
Amongst the photos was one of Captain David Simpson who was lost at sea along with all but one of the crew of the SS Empire Merlin when it was torpedoed in August 1940.
Curiosity got the better of me so I did some research on the incident and came across this:

I have added some photos to the gallery now.

Enjoy the weekend

Steve

Reactions: Hutch and Buckman
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Amazing that the records exist to such detail which brings the raw experience of these events alive.

I am currently reading a book called Survivor on the River Kwai by Reg Twigg based on his own story of his time working on the Burma railway after the surrender in Singapore.

I have been to Hellfire Pass, the bridge on the river Kwai and the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery- a sobering experience indeed.

Steve

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Amazing that the records exist to such detail which brings the raw experience of these events alive.

I am currently reading a book called Survivor on the River Kwai by Reg Twigg based on his own story of his time working on the Burma railway after the surrender in Singapore.

I have been to Hellfire Pass, the bridge on the river Kwai and the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery- a sobering experience indeed.

Steve
Have a read of "The Railway Man" by Eric Lomax - he worked on the Burma railway as a PoW and was badly tortured for building a secret radio - and eventually got to meet one of his torturers after the war.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Today we spent a pleasant few hours here…..

Tons of photos uploaded and I particularly enjoyed the little RAF museum, housed in what was once a dormitory for servicemen stationed there when part of the big house was requisitioned for use, serving as living quarters for those based at nearby RAF Oulton.
While I was in the book shop, two of the staff opened a parcel which contained a book written by one of the men stationed there - George William Milson, and sent to them by his daughter.
Apologies if some of the photos aren’t the best, but with some items on display in glass cabinets it was difficult to get quality snaps, especially as the room was quite busy.
A fascinating place and well worth a visit if you are ever in the area.

Steve

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Today’s foray took us to Wroxham where we spent a couple of hours on the Norfolk Broads on a river cruise which ( apart from the child of satan sat behind us ) was enjoyable.
I did manage to get a good photo of a heron in flight ( added to the gallery along with others) but thought I should spare you the additional outstanding couple of photos of the out of focus water🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

David ( I think not) Bailey ( House of Caravan).

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Last day on site today, off home tomorrow morning.
I really like Norfolk from what I have seen, and we will be coming back.
This site (Deers Mead) is nice and quiet, very clean and well maintained, as well as being ideally located for exploring the area.
Highlights have included:
Fish and chips at Mary Jane’s
The Crown at Banningham also does good food.
The only place we don’t like ( and we only passed through it out of curiosity) was Great Yarmouth.
The weather has been fabulous apart from two days.
Blickling Hall is lovely, Cromer and Southwold too, along with Sheringham and Wells next the sea.

Steve

Reactions: Hutch and Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
In the late 1960s myself and two buddies hired a cruiser for a week and had a really good time. One night we took our wooden clinker built dinghy to Coltishall and spent too many hours and pints of Steward and Patteson at the Rising Sun. Next morning after being awoken by the Lightnings at the RAF base and looking at our dinghy moored by the stern, and it had morphed into a grp one.

On our last day we were cruising down one of the narrow waterways that link the various Broads and a werry was coming towards us being moved along by poling All of a sudden someone on the bow pushed on their pole and moved the werry,s bow across the channel. I put the boat into reverse but inadvertently disengaged the engine from the transmission. Revs rose and we ploughed on into the werry and crushed our grp bow. On delivering the boat back the next day the shipyard in Wroxham were quite relaxed. They told us it would be repaired by afternoon and they could make a profit on the claim.

Looking forward to a week in Norfolk this September.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts