Northern Ireland caravaners

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 14, 2007
Visit site
We went to Carnfunnock last August for a long weekend and had a fab time. Great for the kids! There is plenty going on between the mini train, Golf, play park, karting, maze etc etc etc.... The cafe do breakfast, lunch and lovely scones so you can have a break from cooking! The site is really clean and well policed so no trouble. We really enjoyed it and are hoping to book again for this year but it is difficult to get booked on for peak times and weekends. We phoned in April and the first weekend we could get was the last weekend in August!

Karen

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Nigel you won't be dissapointed with Ballyness, it is one of the top sites in N.I with 5 stars and has recently been extended. Its been a couple of seasons since we have been and it was great then.

Post a review after you have been for everyopne else and our mainland visitors who we like to encourage to come over an see us.

wee stevie

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi all Norn.Irelanders,there seems to be more of us around than I thought, Carnfunnock is too close to home for a weekend away. Have visited it a few times and found it enjoyable for a day out. Interested in Ballyness which I have not been to but intend to visit this year. For all who are going to the Kings Hall this weekend, enjoy your visit, but leave your cheque book at home

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
100 posts

Congrats Brian your'e last post has brought this thread up to 100 posts.

Well done everyone for there contribtions, keep posting.

wee stevie

Aug 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Went to the show in the Kings Hall today and have to say I was very disappointed. There were ten touring vans there in total no awnings, no accessories and no real bargains. I was there last year and there were far more tourers available. So I am still in the market for a fixed bed van with long front seats so if you know of one somewhere give me a shout. Did anyone else go to the show? What did you think?

Karen

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi Karen

Just read your posting and see you are looking for a fixed bed van. We purchased a new Bailey Oklahoma last year and are delighted with it. It is single axle, has rear fixed bed and long front seats. We chose this particular model due to needing long front seats for our 2 children to use as beds and our 10 year old daughter is 5ft 4"!

The kitchen workspace is brilliant and storage space also excellent. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

Unfortunately, this model has been discontinued in the new Senator series 6 range out this year. They do an Indiana fixed bed model but the seats are shorter than in the Oklahoma.

I saw an 06 Oklahoma for sale in the Auto Trader online or you may get lucky at one of the dealers.

Good luck with your search.

Janet

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Karen, Haven't chatted in ages, Gail and I were also at the show and were disapointed on the caravan section. They should of called it the Motorhome Show, I think next year we will head over to the mainland.

On friday gail and I called into Dorvic Caravans in Ballyclare, they are now Bailey agents. Gail fell in love with Senator Louisiana, island bed and twin axle, just need the 6 numbers.

keep in touch and good luck in your search

wee stevie

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Stevie, we too thought show abit disappointing especially after being over to the NEC show and all it had to offer. But we enjoyed our day out and got to meet up with Emmy, who we hope to see again soon.

You will have to save hard so Gail can have her new caravan. Its great to see so many new people join this thread we will have to try and arrange a meet for everyone.

Keith & Jenny

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jenny,

good to see you meet up with Emmy, see you are in sixmilewater at easter,not sure if we can make it till Gail gets her off-duty near the time. If we can't get the van down we will try and pop in to see you and keith. Chat soon

wee stevie

Apr 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi, we want to come over to NI in the summer. Was thinkng of using Drumaheglis at Ballymoney, any comments? WE like a good quality site wher we can walk into the town/ village. We have a dog.Maybe you could advise on anything better.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi John,

you won't be dissapointed with Drumaheglis it is one of our top sites and is CC affliated. They have good wide full serviced pitches that will take the van an awning and still have room for the car.There is a nature trail around the site which the dog will love , i take my dog down every week for a swim in the R.Bann and a walk. Ballymoney is a 5 min drive, Coleraine 10 mins, plenty to see and do around the North West. Book early, this site is very popular especially weekends and bank holidays.

http://www.visitballymoney.com/Drumahaglis_Marina.aspx
wee stevie

Aug 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi Stevie,

Was talking to a guy at the show and he said the price of the pitch had quadrupled in three years so maybe it's just too expensive for the smaller dealers now. David and I would have liked to go to NEC this year but just can't do everything. We went to England in Sept to get our new car. We looked at the Bailey Senator too. Much too big of a pull for us we need a single axle. Phoned about the Oklahoma Janet was talking about in the auto trader but it was sold. We will just have to keep looking (something will turn up).

Keep in touch

Karen

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Karen - this is wee Stevie's - better half! Good luck with the serach for a new caravan - Lisburn caravans near glenavy,02892650003 seem to have good quality second hand vans - but check what days they are open i think they may be closed on a Monday! We will all have to get together this year to have a good chin wag, any suggestions for a meet? Drum Manor is clean nice walks not far from the town although you wouldn't get an awning up on most of the pitches but hey ho for weekend you could do without. Lol. Anyone got any suggestions as to when and where - wee Stevie and i will travel anywhere!

Aug 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi Gail,

Thanks for the reccommendation. We have been to Lisburn caravans last year but might get a run up in the near future you never know we may hit lucky. Drum Manor sounds good, we have never been there. Last time we were down that direction we were in Ballyronan Marina. Is Drun Manor good for kids? We have a six year old boy and he likes to be able to get out and about. We would normally go to the coast (NW or W) as David loves body boarding or if going closer to home Dungannon Park Lake is a favourite (although it can be hard to get booked on to at weekends). We have nothing booked yet for this season as we are not too sure if we will have a van. We need to sell ours and find a replacement but don't really want to be left without anything. Not too sure when would be the best time to sell if we should hold on till after Easter or advertise it before we will just have to play it by ear!

Keep in touch

Karen

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
hi folks,

Wev'e just booked a weekend in Gosford forest park for friday 18th- sun 20th,April, Keith and Jenny are also going.

So if you want to come and meet us just book and turn up, you will be more than welcome. Post and let us know if your going.

Gosford ph..028-37551277

wee stevie

Jan 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Karen - me again! Drum manor is set in a forestry Park good safe walks - duck pond, your son would be able to ride his bike play football and do all outdoor stuff! There is a leisure centre in cookstown although i have not used it. The park warden is extreemly helpful. As wee stevie said we have booked into Gosford fpr weekend of 19/20th April, along with Keith and Jenny and are so looking forward to it, would love to see you there if you can make it. There are plenty of walks, a deer enclosure, and also sheep goats, bird enclosure, there is a cafe there. Washing facilities are a bit dated to say the least, but as only for a weekend you can put up with it considering the beautiful scenery etc!

Aug 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi Gail,

We know Gosford as it's not too far from where we live (craigavon) we have never stayed there but have been to the forest park. Does the site have electric? We would love to join you all for the weekend but will just have to wait and see if we have a van. I'm sure we could get booked on at the last minute.

Keep in touch

Karen

Aug 14, 2007
Visit site
I see that Lord B was suggesting to the mods that we (Northern Ireland Caravanners) would have our own topic heading on here. I thought it was a great idea but there seems to have been little support on there from those who would benefit most. May I suggest that we post a note of support.

Karen

Jan 24, 2008
Visit site
Karen every pitch has EHU, sites appear quite level and if i can rememember enough room for an awning! hope you have a van and that you can join us - even if you dont have a van - drop down and see us for a bit of craic- u can contact me at gailio1@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Visit site
I see that Lord B was suggesting to the mods that we (Northern Ireland Caravanners) would have our own topic heading on here. I thought it was a great idea but there seems to have been little support on there from those who would benefit most. May I suggest that we post a note of support.

Karen
i contacted the mods also - even to classify uk parks into england ireland scotland and wales - they said they would look into it - am still waiting!! lol

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Karen, I did reply to Lord B post but after reading all the comments it did not look as if it went down to well it seemed to cause a bit of a stir.

Hope you can join us at Gosford it would be good to meet up and put faces to the names.

Jenny

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Jennifer, I did read through that post again and the only posts I could see that you thought caused a stir were from Colyn ap Brydgynd but he was only joking and Graham misunderstood him.

A couple of others made comments whinging but if you check them out they whinge in all threads, it's their oxygen, just take no notice.

From other threads I see people are in favour of you having a separate heading where you could all find each others posts instead of having to trawl the lot. It would be different if we had a decent search engine but we haven't :O(

Just hope that His Moddyship will have a rethink and see the sense in it, even if it's just to keep you Norn Irons on board :O)

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi Karen, if you are searching ror a good clean used caravan I suggest you go to Bann Caravans in Banbridge, the cleanest caravans you will find on any dealers site. Clean both inside and outside. After agreeing our last deal with them, they insisted on changing the carpet which was only very slightly marked to a new carpet which when fitted was fitted perfectly. Next time I change will go to Bann Caravans first to see if they have anything suitable. brian.

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi everyone, thought i'd bring are posts to top of thread again, How is everyone are you all planning your trips out yet are where are you thinking of heading this year. We still no further on with picking a site down south, any ideas anyone?

We are looking forward to Gosford in April and meeting up with everyone. Is anyone else able to come along for that weekend?

Many regards Keith & Jenny

Jan 24, 2008
Visit site
Calling all Northern Ireland Caravanners - Gosford 19th and 20th April- would like to put faces to names. Already booked - jenny Keith, Gail & Stephen. Karen - any luck with the new van. Hello Emmuy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts