noseweight guage

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Lets not go there. Its wenches loading the caravan with pointless items which got us into this state in the first place.

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Who wants to start a topic on torque wrench's ?? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Would that be calibrated and certificated torque wrenches as used in safety critical applications; or the ones found in the dark recesses of a shed that someone said you needed to torque your wheel nuts every time you look at your caravan?? :p :p :p

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
KeefySher said:
Gagakev said:

Would that be calibrated and certificated torque wrenches as used in safety critical applications; or the ones found in the dark recesses of a shed that someone said you needed to torque your wheel nuts every time you look at your caravan?? :p :p :p

Call me a saddo but having lost a car wheel a few years ago I check the car and caravan wheel bolt torques at the start of each tour. The torque wrench lives in the boot.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Dustydog said:
KeefySher said:
Gagakev said:

Call me a saddo but having lost a car wheel a few years ago I check the car and caravan wheel bolt torques at the start of each tour. The torque wrench lives in the boot.[/quote]

Same here, will check van wheel nuts when I leave home/site, each time.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
........and do you know how DSA examiners test the tightness of wheel nuts?
They tap them with a light hammer and listen to the sound.........no calibrated measuring devices, no working to an accuracy of four decimal places.

"Old habits die hard" ......perhaps some one should tell em :whistle:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I ahve five torque wrenches two Snap on and three Draper, the two Snap on ones which I used at work and were always compaired during use to a calibrated Acratorque tester and never had to be readjusted in 10 years. The others I have used at home for general car mechanics, and on checking them against my Snap on ones are withing a foot pound and also an inch pound.
I do not check my wheel Torques every trip but usally about every two months.
I wonder how many drivers Never check their car wheel bolt torques, so why should Caravanners check the vans bolts. ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts