nosewieght ???

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
does anyone know the max nosewieght i should apply to my 03 mondeo hatch 2.0tdci 130.hope you can help and thanks in anticipation

Jun 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi Geoff

I.m no expert but I will suggest around 75kg, although I think it depends on the type of towbar fitted and the manufacturers recommended weights.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Geoff,

As always, when it comes to finding out about essential information, and especially that which has legal implications, do not trust third party web sites such as this. Even with the best of intentions, sites such as this and the those that claim to have full details can get the information wrong.

As nose and loading weights have legal implications, you are required to get it right, as ignorance of the law or limits is not a defence if a prosecution is brought against you.

Always get the information either form your official handbook supplied with the car, or check with the dealer or manufacturer.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Under towbar type-approval regulations, the towbar must have a rating plate which shows the maximum noseweight permitted - this cannot be more than the car's maximum but may in some cases be less. This information will supercede any information given to you by the manufacturer or dealer and will be the only figure considered by VOSA in a roadside weight check.

The caravan hitch limit of 100kg also needs to be considered - it's not a concern for cars but big 4x4s often have higher noseweight limits where the caravan limit becomes the deciding factor.

Older cars (pre-1997), not subject to type approval, aren't required to have a towbar noseweight limit so the car's noseweight limit is used - but rarely plated.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Just to reinforce Roger's comments, the caravan drawbar limit should also be checked. Whilst the most common rating is 100kg, the drawbar/hitch limit on ours is 75kg., which in our case is the limiting factor - the car and towbar limits are 100kg (not a Mondeo).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts