Octogenarian Enjoyment on wheels

Nov 22, 2023
Visit site
Hi.
My name is Judie and I am a recent caravan enthusiast at the age of 85, after spending 16 years touring the UK in a 60' narrowboat. There are a lot of similarities, mainly the comradeship both communities share. My partner and I bought a 25 year old Bailey ranger on a whim and a 5 minute discussion, and I can honestly say it has been one of the best decisions for us both.
We realise we are no spring chickens, enjoying our advanced state of decrepitude, but so far our voyages have been relatively incident free. There was the occasion when the fridge broke down and the ice packs we bought melted and flooded the carpet. I will not mention the 4 hour struggle erecting the awning - you've all been there, or the trailing along country roads in the dark trying to find the site, but we are both loving the new challenge and intend to keep towing for at least the next 10 years.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Crikey Judie and Partner, welcome to the forum, if anything we would have gone the other way around Van to canal boat, but once in Devises, we met a nice person with a collie dog that could not decide , between the canal or the road. .
Just hope, the correct decision was made.

Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.
Another ex canal dweller here. Started boating back in the mid 1970's sold my final narrowboat this year.
The caravan has taken over :sunglasses:

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
My name is Judie and I am a recent caravan enthusiast at the age of 85,
Welcome to the forum but sorry that you have only recently started to enjoy the caravanning life. I hope you have many more years still to continue with it. In 2020 I was fortunate to have my 90th birthday party in my awning sited in the winter sunshine of southern Spain. But then Covid came a few weeks later and we all had to run for home.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum, and may you have many happy journeys in your new caravan. At least you have the advantage of knowing how to empty a Thetford cassette, unless your boat was pump out. πŸ‘

TRENDING THREADS