Old Aquarolls.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I was starting to get things ready today for the next holiday and suddenly remembered that last time out, one of the Aquarolls rolling rubber bands (for want of a better description) came off. I mentioned this to her what must be obeyed and she reminded me that one of our rolls was bought the year the new 40 ltr came onto the market and the other a couple of years later. Im guessing that makes the older one around 19-20 years old. Apart from the one band getting a bit slack, they are both in perfect condition and as fresh as ever. Not bad in todays world of throw away after 12 months.

Should say that we never drink from the barrels or the vans internal system. We always carry a small container for filling the kettle etc, and drink bottled water anyway.

Edited to say - Guess which idiot posted in the wrong section. Mods please move to general.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that WC. Now if you can me some adjustable feet for the Cadac, I will have you promoted to quartermaster. :)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Ah the Aquaroll, does bring back memories
My first trip out back in the mid 1990's borrowing my Uncles van and kids about 8 and 9.
I thought the aquaroll did just that .................ROLL
Off to the tap with the Aquaroll ...rolling, rolling rolling :lol:
and back again, didnt realise it had a handle...did this for the whole week!!

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
When in Austria last year I realised that I had lost the large 'O' Ring inside the cap for my Aquaroll, despite looking all over the area we could not find it. I managed to work around it until I went to the C & CC site in Oxford earlier this year, when as I was setting up my Aquaroll would you believe it there was an 'O' ring for my cap lying there on the floor. What odds would you get for that, better than Leicesters for winning the Premier League this year I think.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The advantages of the Aquaroll are its good construction and you can get spares for them. The cheaper ones often seem to be less robust and they are onlt fit for the bin if you lose a cap.
The Wastemaster also does the same.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
OK what is the age of your aquaroll. Mine is a youngster, only 10 years old. Any advance on 10?
Mel

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I think I can place the narrow necked one to 1979 so that's 37 years. However, I had to buy a wide neck one in 2002 when we first had a submersible pump.
I had to make an improved cap retaining strap when the plastic strip failed on the "modern" one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts