Old Brick Kilns Norfolk

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Any one been to this site thinking of booking the Hayden Meadow premier pitch for CC members, is their a pub you could walk to or is it a car job, like the look of it from their web site, l know its bit pricey but it will be for our 2 week holiday.

Usually go to Sandrigham but it's a bit of trek to Holkam beach where we like to take the dogs for a run.

NigelH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We used Brick Kilns last year for the Thursford Christmas show, and will be again this year. It's a good site, and very pretty in the snow! Beware the entery and leaving times, though. They are very strict, as the lane is narrow with no passing places for caravans.We found the bar and restuarant OK too.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
When Tony and Tessa Gent set up the site in the 80's (or was it late 70's?) it was a superb site at competitive prices. Our (then young) children used to love the freedom to run about in safety, to talk to and pat the donkeys in the adjacent field, and the occasional (gas powered) BBQ on the patio at the end of the main block.

I often wonder what the present owners have done to justify a price over double what T&T charged (despite inflation) and making it considerably more expensive than other sites - including CC sites just as good or better - in Norfolk?

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
All thanks for your replies, Emmerson didn't know their was a bar l thought it was only a restaurant and bar, can you sit out, is their a patio.

Woody l think you are right there are cheaper sites around in Norfolk including Sandringham but not that much cheaper especially as we are taking a premium pitch, which includes Electric, water, waste drain, TV point and dustbin.

We have always stayed at Sandringham but it's not central enough for our needs.

NigelH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ngh, I don't know, I've only been there in December!It apparently is expensive, but I've only been there as a rally, so the rate may be different. As regards the owners, Madam can be a bit abrasive!

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all for your info could not get in for a 2 week stay in May or June, only 1 week available, the only 2 week slot available was in July from the 3rd of July until 17th at a cost of

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
Nigel,

You might do worse than give Fakenham Racecourse a try! We stayed there a few days last August en route back home from Seacroft. Quite handy for a lot of Nth Norfolk resorts plus you can walk easily into town (nice market day) plus there is a good restaurant/bar at adjacent municipal sports centre (Tennis, Archery etc available) plus adjacent golf course if you are so inclined and plenty of walking opportunities if you have a dog etc river Wensum nearby. Site is quite well appointed, quiet and clean and in a garden like environment and the racecourse itself is very interesting (to us anyway) did not experience an actual raceday whilst we were there but I understand race days are few and far between in summer anyway.

We shall certainly return as it is very conveniently located just off the A47.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Take care with Fakenham Racecourse.

When you book in advance they require a credit card and they take the money immediately. If you have to cancel for any reason (as we did due to the heavy snow in March last year and for which they were not understanding) it is the very devil of a job to get your money back - on top of which they deduct an administration charge which (I think) varies up to 100% if the cancellation is at short notice.

On race days caravans have to be moved out into the middle of the course before 09:00 and cannot be accessed until after the last race.

We found a CL at South Creke on the Burnham Market road a few miles NW of Fakenham. Nice site, mains, shower and washing, and not expensive. Possibly a bit tight for long outfits though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts