Old carver mover

Dec 22, 2006
Visit site
Hello every one.
We have a very old carver mover on our van (the one with the handset connected with a wire) . It has packed in after 14 years of service. Does anyone know if I can convert it to a remote mover. The motors and all the wiring is still ok just the control box has died.
Could I get a control box and remote handset to replace them.
Any suggestions will be welcome.
Thanks.
Nedlog

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your mover most likely has 4 wires from each motor, two thick power wires and two smaller wires, if so, then the only option I know may work is to send your control box and its handset to Paul at Apuljack Engineering for him to see if he can repair it.
Give him a ring and ask him, he is very good and very helpful.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I did this myself so know the answer is yes, it has only two wires from each motor so it will then work perfectly with any Carver single axle control which is designed for 4 wire connection, as well as those of other makes which will generally add soft start control

Dec 22, 2006
Visit site
Damian, many many thanks for pointing me towards Apuljack.
I have sent pictures of the circuit board to them and they replied saying that they can fix it. I have now sent the control box to Paul and he has identified what is wrong and it will be ready next week. This has saved us a lot of money and as his website states it has saved many good components being thrown away.
I will keep you informed of the progress and hopefully success of the outcome. Once again many thanks

Nedlog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts