omega elite 3lt

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, has anybody had any experiance of the 3 litre omega as a tow car, if so was it really thirsty on fuel when towing also what about solo. I'm going to look at one soon to tow my Bailey Ranger 550/6 should make a good match, just concerned about the fuel bills. Also any tips on buying a used omega ie what to look out for. All help will be appreciated.

Many thanks

Dean.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I ran a Vauxhall Senator 3.0 for some time as a tow car. The Senator is the predecessor of the Omega although the engine is totally different. Solo consumption was 22-24. Towing consumption was 11-14 but that was cruising at 70mph!

Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
I towed with the 3.0 Elite Estate for a couple of years - One thing to watch out for is the cooling fan fuse - mine kept blowing and causing overheating. It didn't cope at all well towing with the climate control on. The car tows well, but I only managed about 18 mpg. Driving solo in town about 24 mpg and solo on long journeys about 30 mpg. I enjoyed the car, but just changed to a new Vectra 3.2 estate and now realise how noisy and bumpy the ride was in the Omega

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts