Overnight stop near Abbeville France just off A16

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Guys
Could anyone help with any overnight stops near Abbeville (A16). Any sites that allow late arrival i.e. after midnight or anywhere safe to stay to put our heads down for a few hours.

Thanks in advance (as I know someone will come up trumps!!)

Wendy

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
The Aire de la Baie de Somme on the A16 autoroute is a good place to stop overnight. I doubt you will find any campsites accepting arrivals after midnight. We've stayed there a lot and there is a dedicated caravans/motorhomes area in a cul de sac at the far end of the area - follow the caravans sign. There are other caravan bays in various other parts of the 'aire'.
It's a lovely place - with canals full of carp, ducks and other water birds, and there's a viewing tower where you can see over the Somme Estuary. There are free showers in the morning too - but perhaps only in the men's section (but I use it anyway)!

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Val

We have actually tried to get into this aire last year but it was heaving (July school hols). This year were going middle 2 weeks of August, hopefully it will be quieter. I just wondered if anyone knew of a site that would accept late arrivals. We may decide to push on further it depends how tired we feel. Do you know of anyhting similar around the Bourges area?

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Wendy said:
Do you know of anyhting similar around the Bourges area?

There's a handy site on the edge of the town and not too far from the motorway. It's Camping Robinson and I believe they have a web site if you Google. Nightly fee is reasonable and the electric charge comes with a choice of amps. Pitches are grassed or hardstanding and each pitch has its own tap.

TRENDING THREADS