Passengers for the Greenlaning

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Whatever you do, do not pay the driver of the 4 x 4 any money for taking you along for the ride as per your insurance. Afterwards a beer or a bottle of wine may be suggested. :)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive

Are we allowed to discuss payment by alcohol?

Do you think we will be out all day? (Just thinking of little Gaylord, alone in his cage in the awning pining for me).

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sharon

Thank you so much, that would be really great. He's fine with other dogs but still nipping at the mo, and not house trained.

Thanks again.

Lisa xxx

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
lisa

l don't mind having him he can't be much worse than bess she is forever nipping us.

sharon.
Thanks. You can always take him back to my awning and put him in the cage when you get fed up of him.

Lisa xx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa

Gaylord? - Not LB by any chance?

LOL!!! Sorry - LB!!

It would seem that it will be an all-day event Lisa - Meet up at 10:30 'ish - get to the First Green lane at about 11:30. Travel for about One and a half hours, then packed lunch, and another 2 hours or so.

So should get back about 5 'ish.

So far I have not heard of any problems but if we have torrential rain before, or heaven forbid, during the Easter break, we may not be able to go as vehicles driven on some green lanes, however carefully will damage the lane.

I really despise the hooligans that deliberately trash a lane in the name of fun in bad weather. I enjoy extreme off-roading but pay to do it on private land on a proper course.

So we may on the day be restricted as to what we can do.

But if it is warm and dry and the lanes in good condition we can trundle at about 5 mph along these old roads and see things and places you never thought existed.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Clive

You might have missed my postings on the new arrival to our family. Gaylord is an extremely handsome Staffordshire Bull Terrier (currently aged four months). However, he's not very 'macho/manly'. Hence Gaylord.

On a more serious note, please could someone remind me to take my travel sickness pills as appropriate. Unfortunately, I cannot sit in the back of any vehicle without being violently ill - ten miles is my limit (sorry).

Lisa xx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa, don't forget to take your travel sickness pills, I know you wont get far, probably about 10 miles, before you're violently sick.

Hope this helps.............

Me bad!!!!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa, don't forget to take your travel sickness pills, I know you wont get far, probably about 10 miles, before you're violently sick.

Hope this helps.............

Me bad!!!!
Thanks Lol. I'll tell you about the old lady I had the misfortune to sit in front of on a fabulous 'Skills short break' to Norfolk with my mother - an experience never to be repeated.

The old lady never stopped talking, in particular slagging off everyone she knew apparently. She pulled the curtains from me, kept kneeing my seat etc. On the long, long, long trip home (three days later), she said she felt ill. So I offered her one of my sickness pills which she gratefully accepted. It knocked her out completely, never heard another sound out of her until we were back in Notts.

Lisa.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Lol. I'll tell you about the old lady I had the misfortune to sit in front of on a fabulous 'Skills short break' to Norfolk with my mother - an experience never to be repeated.

The old lady never stopped talking, in particular slagging off everyone she knew apparently. She pulled the curtains from me, kept kneeing my seat etc. On the long, long, long trip home (three days later), she said she felt ill. So I offered her one of my sickness pills which she gratefully accepted. It knocked her out completely, never heard another sound out of her until we were back in Notts.

Lisa.
Sounds like an effective pill, got any left?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Lisa.
I should have some left, if not I'll have to buy some more. Norfolk is a lovely place but I swore after that trip I'd never ever go on one of those trips again and I never have.

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS