PC Rally 2012

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
On the 5th we will be on our way home up the M5 after 2 weeks in Cornwall. We don't do B/H weekends preferring to leave the pitches for those with kids. I hate seeing grown ups cry on forums like this because they can't get a weekend pitch
smiley-smile.gif

I hope the weather is good for all those going and for me so I can get the lawn mown because it will be a foot high when we get back
smiley-frown.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
I'm not sure how the rally pricing structure works for dog owners Surfer but the rally itself is usually a set fee (£45 for 4 nights last year) and Stowford charged £5 per unit per night on a grass pitch for the 6 available extra nights so normal bank holiday or low season pitch prices don't apply.
You occupy the same pitch for the duration of your stay and ehu is included in the prices.
Gagakev will be able to tell you if dogs cost extra but even with a charge for dogs the rally would still be pretty good value when you consider that the rally is held during a bank holiday on a decent site in a nice area.

Computor crashed earlier in year and all pitch fee's etc was lost, but if I remember correct pretty sure there were no extra charges for dog, (only have one though) all included in the set fee. Best thing to do is phone the site when booking's open and they will clarify and as Parksy said they are very helpful. Go on Surfer go for it.
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Thanks people as it will be nice to meet Parksy and others face to face. As said probably go down a few days before the BH and leave a day or two after BH i.e. Tuesday or Wednesday.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It will be great for us all to meet up, I'm looking forward to next years rally.
I wonder if Nigel will knock a couple of quid off if we do a forum block booking?
smiley-cool.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
On the 5th we will be on our way home up the M5 after 2 weeks in Cornwall. We don't do B/H weekends preferring to leave the pitches for those with kids. I hate seeing grown ups cry on forums like this because they can't get a weekend pitch
smiley-smile.gif

I hope the weather is good for all those going and for me so I can get the lawn mown because it will be a foot high when we get back
smiley-frown.gif
Get a goat,
come on LB pop in and meet us all
smiley-smile.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Parksy said:
Why do I get the feeling that Lady Braykewynde never reads caravan forums?
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Well for your information we were shopping in Asda today when Her Ladyship spotted the latest edition of the PC magazine. Whilst she was perusing it and deciding whether to buy I decided, like the man I am, to tell her about this thread and the last few posts.
She said she didn't get it, didn't understand. "Who has a goat" she asked. At this point I decided to forget it so carried on my way. I met up with her in the next aisle when she said she now got it and hit me with the said magazine which she'd decided to buy. This was followed up with a left hand thump to my arm which still hurts 4 hours later
smiley-cry.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
They say that confession is good for the soul Lord B. I'm glad that you took your punishment like a man, there are rumored to be peers of the realm who would be prepared to pay good money for that sort of thing
smiley-cool.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen anything yet DD but Herself (who is in charge of these matters at chez Parksy) said that the 2011 rally was first mentioned in the editorial comments of the February issue of Practical Caravan magazine.
When next years rally is announced, assuming that it will be held at the same site you can contact Stowford Farm Meadows direct to book your pitch.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Nigel D / Parksy
Any news regarding when we can book?

For the last rally Joeby booked his 22/12/2011, Di on 01/01/2011 and I booked mine around 12/01/2011
So on that note it should be coming up soon
7.gif

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
got an email from Stowford farm this morning , the Practical Caravan readers rally is from 05 may 20012 - till 07 may 2012 no mention of any thing else

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i assume so go onto there website and look , i shall be calling them in the morning , as we are going to Australia in January , for 2 months , and we want to get it sorted before we go

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Practical Caravan Reader RallyDATE:Saturday, May 05, 2012 to Monday, May 07, 2012LOCATION:Stowford Farm MeadowsDETAILS:Held over the first May Bank Holiday weekend from 5th May - 7th May

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
go onto stowford web , and click on events , i thought some thing would have been on practical caravan website

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Thank you for your email regarding the Practical Caravan Readers Rally.
Practical Caravan will be emailing priority customers early in December with details of next year’s Readers Rally and we will then be able to take bookings. Unfortunately we are unable to allocate specific pitches for this event.

Kind Regards

S Bowden
Stowford Farm Meadows
01271 882476--------------------------------------------------------
thats the email i recieved this morning ,

spardoe

Administrator
May 12, 2010
Visit site
Morning,
Just to update you on bookings & details for next years rally.
Those who attended last year and subscribers will be receiveing an email next week with full rally details and the chance to book early.
Booking details will also be published in the next issue, February 2012, which goes on sale 4th Jan.

Cheers, Stacie

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
PCV Community Ed said:
Those who attended last year and subscribers will be receiveing an email next week with full rally details and the chance to book early.

Has anybody received their email yet?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
PCV Community Ed said:
Morning,
Just to update you on bookings & details for next years rally.
Booking details will also be published in the next issue, February 2012, which goes on sale 4th Jan.

Cheers, Stacie

.....on the subject of bookings for the 2012 PC rally.

Would it not be possible to include a general preference with an individual booking?
I know Stowford Farm Meadows understandably will not allow a specific pitch to be booked, but I see no reason why a general request should not be met if at all possible, whilst not offering any guarantees on their part.
For instance, I would request not to be near any trees and preferably on the Outer rally field.
Others may like to be near a toilet block for reasons of mobility or woosie club membership!!
Some might be wary of a sloping pitch and prefer the flat.
Others might like to be near the bar.......
smiley-wink.gif

Any Chance?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Gaffer, in fairness think I read there were over 800 vans on site last year.
And if I remember correctly they give you a pitch number when they confirm your booking.
But as they are really helpful, if I was you when you book ask nicely for the rally field and just see what they say, I would imagine not many folk would request this paticular area and they would to be willing to accomodate, worth a shot.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts