PC Rally 2012

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Any news on the grapevine about next years PC Rally?
Where?
When?
Come on need to book next years Hols
smiley-smile.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There's no official confirmation yet but I think that the Readers Rally may be held at around the same time this year as last years rally.
I hope that the weather is as nice.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
OK, this has not been officially announced yet, but the Reader Rally will take place from 4-7 May 2012 at Stowford Farm Meadows. Booking is not yet open, but you can at least pencil in your day's off.

And extra nights will be added at a considerable discount, so add a couple of extra days into your holiday request...

Like I said, top secret, so don't tell anyone ;)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Will you be joining us DD?
It's a really nice full facility site, not rowdy or noisy and with good dog walking. There are spotlessly clean loos / showers for the benefit of the Woosies who never use on board facilities, and in terms of price the extra days on offer mean that there is a real bargain to be had.
Last year we had 10 nights with ehu on a good pitch for just £75 and the Practical Caravan Rally was an unqualified success.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Couldn't go this year as new grandson was due. (worth missing it for-he is gorgeous). Hopefully nothing to stop us this year so pencilling in the leave now. Were there teenagers there last year as will need to sell it to the lad.
mel

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Damn, we'll miss it again! We'll be somewhere in Europe heading towards the European Classic Caravan Rally in Holland. So that's 100% we've missed.
Can you change the date to the end of June please? Aw, go on -----!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's a shame that you can't make it Emmo, it was worth going for the raffle alone last year.

We were sitting at a table in the marquee with about eight fellow rally goers last year and sitting next to us was a nice couple from Somerset who were were chatting with.
There had been various raffle draws with lots of really good prizes such as Milenco towing mirrors (I won an Auto Glym caravan cleaning kit) and the 'star prize' was an expensive looking lightweight portable hammock which could be used outside a caravan.
The Somerset lady was fervently hoping to win this hammock, she told us that it was the only prize that she was interested in, meanwhile my O/H was fervently hoping that we wouldn't win it because I spend more than enough time lounging around without having a hammock to encourage me to do more of the same.
smiley-undecided.gif

Nigel announced the winning number and joy of joys, the Somerset lady actually won!
Her reaction was something to behold, it couldn't have been better if she'd won a million pounds
smiley-laughing.gif

She excitedly bolted towards the front of the marquee and for a moment Nigel looked slightly worried as this very excited lady headed his way but her attention was firmly focused on that hammock.
Being right there just as it happened really made our day, the atmosphere amongst all who were there was great, we met a few fellow forumites and we struck up acquaintances with several people who were pitched near to us and we hope to meet some of them again next year.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Here's an idea for Nigel D (and Parksy to second it)
smiley-wink.gif

How's about programming/organising a meet in the marquee at a certain time on the first day for all fellow forum members who attend to say hello to each other if they so wish, have a chin wag together etc.
Obviously if they dont want to attend they dont have to.

But of course they will miss out on the free alcohol that the PC brigade will be supplying
8.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy said:
Will you be joining us DD?
It's a really nice full facility site, not rowdy or noisy and with good dog walking. There are spotlessly clean loos / showers for the benefit of the Woosies who never use on board facilities, and in terms of price the extra days on offer mean that there is a real bargain to be had.
Last year we had 10 nights with ehu on a good pitch for just £75 and the Practical Caravan Rally was an unqualified success.
Well Parksy subject to SWMBO I think it's time I joined in. As soon as Nigel opens the bookings I'll rush forward.
smiley-kiss.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Gagakev said:
smiley-wink.gif

How's about programming/organising a meet in the marquee at a certain time on the first day for all fellow forum members who attend to say hello to each other if they so wish, have a chin wag together etc.

But of course they will miss out on the free alcohol that the PC brigade will be supplying
8.gif

Free booze! I'm there. It would be nice to meet you all as well of course.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Nigel has been quite active recently and as soon as supplying free booze was mentioned he dissappeared
2.gif

Bye Bye!!!

PS; A cup of tea will do!!
smiley-smile.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
smiley-wink.gif

8.gif

I wouldn't hold your breath for the free booze but it would be great for forumites to meet up and we'll look forward to renewing our acquaintance Kev.
We'll make a list of who'se going from the forum nearer the time and arrange a meeting place.

Dustydog said:
Well Parksy subject to SWMBO I think it's time I joined in. As soon as Nigel opens the bookings I'll rush forward.
Mel said:
Free booze! I'm there. It would be nice to meet you all as well of course.
mel
We will look forward to seeing you at the rally and with any luck we might have the long promised forum stickers by then
smiley-laughing.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
So Parksy
Looks like we may get a Ceremonial stick it up your Stickers in May.
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Hopefuly Mucky Pup will also be joining and we'll probaly stay on for a few more days . I assume EHU is available and there is room for a sat dish if required? Ok the dogs love the tv
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Yes DD, ehu is included in the price and you should have room for your sat dish but the tv reception is fine using a status 530 aerial.
You might want to consider spreading the available extra days both before and after the rally weekend to avoid the rush at reception just before the rally weekend starts.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
There is no way we would even consider attending the main CC rally due to the sheer volume of units crowded in and no EHU. Can we assume that this rally is a lot smaller and that every one who wants EHU can get it? We would be interested in spending several days if EHU is available as I am told it is a very nice site. Do you know if they have any super pitches available as that would be even better!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Surfer
Stowford Farm Meadows is a nice commercially owned and operated site, well maintained with helpful friendly staff. EHU is definitely available for all who require it, the site is large consisting of at 5 touring fields and the rally field where the Practical Caravan marquee is erected and on which most of the organised events such as dog shows, demonstrations etc take place.
There are over 800 pitches normally available with ehu, I don't think that the site has super pitches but there are plenty of hard standings and water / grey waste drains are never far away from any pitch. Some pitches are sloping so levelling blocks may be needed (field 3 is fairly level) and although the PCv rally is very well attended I wouldn't say that it was overcrowded although most of the pitches are occupied during the main rally.
Pitches which are fairly close to the shower / toilet blocks are available for disabled visitors and you are allowed to choose your own pitch when booking.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We would love to go as it looks to be a very nice site, but we have 4 Yorkshire terriers which adds on another £6.40 on top of the pitch fee per night plus then you have an additional awning fee of £1. So all together an additional £7.40 per night on top of whatever pitch fee they charge for 2012. I am assuming that the days are for the low seaason where the pitch fees are £10.40 a night before any PC discount. Pity as we have always heard good things about the PC rally.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure how the rally pricing structure works for dog owners Surfer but the rally itself is usually a set fee (£45 for 4 nights last year) and Stowford charged £5 per unit per night on a grass pitch for the 6 available extra nights so normal bank holiday or low season pitch prices don't apply.
You occupy the same pitch for the duration of your stay and ehu is included in the prices.
Gagakev will be able to tell you if dogs cost extra but even with a charge for dogs the rally would still be pretty good value when you consider that the rally is held during a bank holiday on a decent site in a nice area.

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Be good to meet other forum members.................did someone say free booze!!! Be happy with coffee!! Sad I know! but be good to put faces to names etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts