PC Rally 2012

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
….my first year was fine Kev, out in the middle of a field surrounded by other readers. No Problems.

Last year slap bang up against a hedge with large trees to the Southeast.
No way could I get a TV signal on my satellite system (only system I have)….. if you remember the royal wedding was on!
As you say Stowford were helpful and let me move to the outer rally field (along with Nigel and the PC team)
Within 2 hours of moving a young family of tenters were on my original pitch so Stowford gained another customer.

How much easier if I was just able to request a tree free pitch at the time of booking.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Psst, fellow formites if I tell you something you have to promise not to say any thing to Joe Public
smiley-tongue-out.gif

I got impatient today and phoned Stowford to see when the bookings open and the lovely lady on the other end of the phone
said hang on I will find out for you and came back with the reply:

I can take your booking for you now sir

I felt myself going all red as I said: Sorry I havent got my wallet with me, I'll ring back tomorrow
smiley-embarassed.gif

So I went on to say I was going to put it on here and to expect a rush, she laughed and said Thankyou.
smiley-smile.gif

So ther you are folks. Good Luck.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up kev, just booked. Apparently we will be in Field 3; (means nothing as not been before) Looking forward to the forum party. Who was supplying the free booze?
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Thanks for the heads up kev, just booked. Apparently we will be in Field 3; (means nothing as not been before) Looking forward to the forum party. Who was supplying the free booze?
mel
You are very welcome Lady Mel, couldnt book mine today as work beckoned, then my sons shower packed up so had to go round to his and replace it with a new one.
Going to see if they are open tomorrow.
We were on feild 3 last year and enjoyed it. If you have a doggy its nearer the larger dog walk as well. Top and Central pitches seem to be a bit more level than the bottom part, but they all slope to a certain degree.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well I and Mucky Pup and our SWMBOs and dogs are all booked in. Don't know where we will be pitched but do have portable table and chairs.
£9.00 per night is excellent value. I spoke to Debbie there today and she has taken my money and promised good pitches.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
all booked in , field 3 pitch N0 300 , 7 nights for £59 not a bad deal , see you all there , a Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all , from Joe n Jill

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
joeby said:
all booked in , field 3 pitch N0 300 , 7 nights for £59 not a bad deal , see you all there , a Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all , from Joe n Jill

Hi Joe, you must have been cheeky, just like me
smiley-laughing.gif
and requested a specific pitch. If I remember correctly you were on 301 last year.
Will pick up courage and say hello this year.
I'm on same pitch as last year 392
smiley-cool.gif

We can only do four nights arriving on the Friday and leaving Tues morning.

Lady Mel your pitch looks to be half way between Joe and me.

Come on King DD which pitch you on??

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi gagakev , i was actually on 303 last year , yes you are right we did ask for along that row as there is a thick hedge behind which shielded us from the wind , and with the sun shining i was sat outside with my shirt off in my shorts , and my friend was pitched up by the marquee on a hardstanding full service pitch , and it was freezing up there , you can see the fields and pitches on google earth , but you cant see how steep some are , but once you have been you can be well prepared for any thing

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Nice one Parksy, joining the working class this year
smiley-laughing.gif

Ps, Hope that flag pole of yours does'nt flap around too much and keep us all awake
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I had to book your field this time Kev, it's closer to the bar
smiley-wink.gif

SWMBO doesn't let me use the flagpole if it's windy
smiley-frown.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy said:
I had to book your field this time Kev, it's closer to the bar
smiley-wink.gif

SWMBO doesn't let me use the flagpole if it's windy
smiley-frown.gif
What's wrong with using the toilet?
smiley-laughing.gif
I guess the moving flagpole is a bit hit and miss.
I hope you're not turning into a Woosie Parksy?
smiley-wink.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Parksy you are diagonally behind us. You'll recognise us as the couple falling out whilst failing to put up an awning, simultaneously argueing with a large adolescent who will be grumpy in response. Can't wait.
mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Parksy said:
I will look forward to meeting you Mel and I promise not to laugh at the awning manoeuvres
smiley-sealed.gif
You won't have time for laughing, once introduced, you'll be holding a pole!
mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Di said:
Hi All
All sorted and booked on pitch 342 different from last two years but looking forward to it as always
Di
You're diagonally behind us the other way. Fantastic, thats another pole held. Now I just need someone to yell at OH and I can sit down with a cuppa.
Looking forward to meeting you Di.
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts