Pegasus 524

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
We have done our first wekkend in our Pegasus 524 and it went very well.

The van towed fantastically, even better than the Bretagne and appeared to have better economy too.ˇ This was perhaps down to the 100kg noseweight.ˇ Granted we have the optional chest, but weˇ had one large & one smallˇBP light gas bottle in the front locker.ˇ In one ofˇthe mini side lockers we had the toilet chemicals, waste pipesˇand a small water container for filling the loo.ˇ In the other there was lightweight fiamma ramps, a 25m tv lead. It would be a real struggle to get down to 75kg with the chest.

The axle lock & lightweight chairs are under the rear bed.

The interior is exceptionally spacious for a single axle with a very light and airy feel helped by the light colours and the exceptional headroom.

The corner washroom is a good use of space with plenty of space for showering.

It was a real pleasure not to have to make any beds up, but the OH felt that the fixed bed was overly firm, hopefully it will soften with a few uses.

Let's hope this is the first of many happy trips

Hi Zafiral ,if I were you I would extend your mud flaps on the car..this will stop you getting dents on the front of your van..other forums have pointed this out..I exteneded the MF on my galaxay and have towed my 514 for over 100 miles without dents..just a heads up

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately we travel quite a bit on rough roads taking our daughter to riding, so I fear that I would rip them off causing more damage than I save.

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Glad you enjoyed your Pegasus 524. We have had ours since early March and are very pleased with it. You definitely need mud flaps but the normal ones on our Sorento seem to work fine. This is our second van with a fixed bed, last was an Abbey Expresion based on the Abbey Adventura 318. We use a memory foam mattress topper which helps to soften the bed.

May 1, 2010
Visit site
We never had a problem with heat caused by the mattress topper in our last van and I have not noticed a problem in the 524, although we have yet to use the van in hot weather.

May 8, 2010
Visit site
hi

Glad you enjoyed the Pegasus, been admiring them on our various trips to buy a used van. what do you think of the front locker and the white interior walls?

regards

Jo

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
hi

Glad you enjoyed the Pegasus, been admiring them on our various trips to buy a used van. what do you think of the front locker and the white interior walls?

regards

Jo
The front locker is possibly the biggest disaster in caravan design this century I mean it was an ugly van to start with but the locker was the final nail in its coffin for me and then those glowstick handles just tacky next they'll be fitting flashing christmas lights in the sidewalls and maybe they could offer a pounstretcher gift voucher with every bailey

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Joann, I have no issues with the colour of the front locker, we have even got a charcoal porch awning to match!!.

Splitting it in 3 is good as stuff doesn't get lost as easily & it reduces the temptation to overload it.

The grp interior walls make the van appear up to date and airy, they should also be easier to clean!!

Jmg12, The fairy lights as you so delicately call them are a bonus to me as each bulb is duller than a std light, the dazzle less in the mirrors.

Not only that, they are less likely to fail and will still light all corners if one bulb fails (unlike with std bulbs).

May 1, 2010
Visit site
We have one 2" thick which we have cut to size. My wife puts fitted sheet over topper & then lays it on top of mattress. She finds that easier than trying to crawl over bed to fit sheet.

Jun 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Zafiral ,if I were you I would extend your mud flaps on the car..this will stop you getting dents on the front of your van..other forums have pointed this out..I exteneded the MF on my galaxay and have towed my 514 for over 100 miles without dents..just a heads up
Hi Scott,

I am waiting for the delivery of a Pegasus 534 and just noticed your comment about mud flaps! Could you tell me what the issue is please.

Thanks,

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
The front locker is possibly the biggest disaster in caravan design this century I mean it was an ugly van to start with but the locker was the final nail in its coffin for me and then those glowstick handles just tacky next they'll be fitting flashing christmas lights in the sidewalls and maybe they could offer a pounstretcher gift voucher with every bailey

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Zafiral

We use a standard 4'6" fitted sheet that seems to work OK. Sorry for delay but we have just been away with Pegasus again. For those who doubt the front end lockers I find then very good. Access with just one key to the side ones, I keep cleaning and toilet fluid one side, and pegs and ramps the other, reserving the front for gas and electric cable. I have been caravanning for 40 years and this seems as good as I have found so far in the many vans I have owned.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Thanks Henry. I wholeheartedly agree with your comments about the locker. Things don't get lost at the bottom anymore!!! I feel happier that there is nothing knocking around the gas bottles either.

We have a Jonic fitted sheet so we may struggle getting anything else in there too. If it doesn't soften up soon then we'll be looking for memory foam, though perhaps not Jonic's at about

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
jmg12

While not wanting to knock the new baileys, i might yet end up with one, but only when the interiors are brought up to the old senator levels. I must agree the bottle box lid in black? i find this very confusing, again although i am a great fan of LED lighting, what is the point of putting them in the grab handles?

Why cant bailey offer a choice of bottle box covers? and offer the leds as a option?

And again, make the chest of drawers a standard fit, and put some covering on those god arful white walls.

I am just hoping the 2011 model will be more to my taste.

Just my own opinon, and no affence intented to owners who are happy with the present model range.(present senator owner).

jmg12

While not wanting to knock the new baileys, i might yet end up with one, but only when the interiors are brought up to the old senator levels. I must agree the bottle box lid in black? i find this very confusing, again although i am a great fan of LED lighting, what is the point of putting them in the grab handles?

Why cant bailey offer a choice of bottle box covers? and offer the leds as a option?

And again, make the chest of drawers a standard fit, and put some covering on those god arful white walls.

Just my own opinon, and no affence intented to owners who are happy with the present model range.(present senator owner).
hi all

jmg12

thank goodnes we dont all have the same taste, i like the black locker, the white walls look classy and modern as do the led lights. i bought an olympus 534 and its the best van i have had in 25 years. its was time somebody made changes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts