Pembury Country Park

Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if my status directional ariel will be good enough to recieve a television picture at the above caravan site?
I have checked the various freeview maps ect available on the web, but thought I may get a more definate answer from someone who has actually stayed here.
I know there is lots to do around and about, but just incase wet weather takes over the tv could be a lifesaver for the children!!
Many thanks for any information you can give.
Cheers
Mike

Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Steve, if you could post and let me know that would be great, we are going a week on Sat. Lets hope the weather improves, packing the wellies just in case.
Cheers
Mike

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Mike, using a standard status arial on a pole we have a strange collection of channels, all the BBC but not ITV 1. But we have itv2,3,
Ithink i am going to see if i can get get a better arial tomorrow, the chap next door has the same problem.
I can confirm Welsh rain is WET. The site is really good and the beach is great for cycling.

Steve.

Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Steve, I really hope the weather books up for you.
Can I ask, you say you have a Status ariel on a pole, do you mean a normal house ariel and pole?
We have a directional Status ariel (the flying saucer type) fixed on the van, I suppose this wont be high enough.?
are there lots of vans with sat dishes?.
Thanks for all your help, what ever the weather, hope you can relax and really enjoy yourselves.
Cheers and all the best
Mike

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Mike, we have a status 420 which i suppose is similar to a house ariel. The local caravan dealers told us the only way to improve reception was to use a dish. There are a mix of ariel types on the site, dishes, pole type and the new type on modern vans.When you say you have a flying saucer design i presume you mean the older type. Our van is 1994 and had one of them it was useless i removed it to make fitting the winter cover easier.
Another thing to bear in mind in this area it is speed camera city, they are everywhere and to rub it in this afternoon they were using handhelds on the main road.
The weather doesn't affect the wine so it's not all bad.

Steve

Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Steve,
Hope the wine flows for longer than the rain.
Ours is a status 530 i think, it came on our lunar quasar 2010. to be fair it hasn't been bad for picking up a picture in most places however I had heard Pembury was particulary difficult, hence the posts. Had considered a sat dish but wondered if i could(dare) put it off till next year?
Need to have a think.
Cheers
Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts