Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
I don't think there are any Fee's for cats, the charge for Dogs is usually for emptying the Bins, and the use of a Dog walk, I am sure other members will be able to add to my comments.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Our cat lives with us on site but we have never been charged. I guess it could be a problem to charge as responsible cat owners would probably have a litter tray with them. Secondly a cat normally burys the stuff afterwards anyway.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
A cat doesn't bury its mess in our experience, Ian. We are left with great dollops of the stuff left in the bottom of holes and no effort was made to cover it. Not only that they dug out all my bulbs. It is noticeable how many of these creatures don't actually deficate on their own premises!!!

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ann,

Would just like to correct you. Our Cats do, do it at home, in our garden. They do normaly cover the mess.They are really very clean animals. And yes they are just like dogs ie they turn a ton of food into a ton of s***.

Our cats come in from outside to use a litter tray, so we continue to do everything we can to protect our neigbours gardens.Oh and a nice thing about cats is they don't smell the place out!!!!

Val & Frank

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On the subject of fees . . . . we were never charged anything for our daughters hamster though we were told at one site that it must not use the swimming pool. Great site and the staff had a brilliant sense of humour. If you want to play safe just mention the cat when booking.

Mike E

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Thanks,

To all. We will mention them when booking, and Wendy I did mean the cat when I was on about them not smelling. I do agree, what they do can smell awful, and needs emergeny action to get rid of it.

Val & Frank

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
I have never understood the double standard whereby if some one has a dog they are , quite rightly , expect to clear up after it, yet some one can have a cat , or several , and never do anything about the mess these animal leave on other peoples gardens.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
I agree Tony, the only problem is cats don't do it in the Park, or on the Pavement !!! When we take our sons dogs out we always take a couple of plastic bags with us to clear up after them.

With cats we keep a litter tray to help stop them from messing in other peoples gardens. We also cleared an area in our garden and left it with soft soil so the cats have a place to go when outside. This seems to work quite well.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

Val & Frank

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
I agree Tony, the only problem is cats don't do it in the Park, or on the Pavement !!! When we take our sons dogs out we always take a couple of plastic bags with us to clear up after them.

With cats we keep a litter tray to help stop them from messing in other peoples gardens. We also cleared an area in our garden and left it with soft soil so the cats have a place to go when outside. This seems to work quite well.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

Val & Frank
That is fair comment and I was generalising. Yes a few do use litter trays but most just sling the cats out and let them mess in any ones elses garden.

As dogs are normally walked on leads and therefore their owners see where they make a mess perhaps the answer would be to make it law that cats have to be kept indoors and not left outside to wander.

Feb 20, 2006
Visit site
WHEN YOUR CAT HAS USED IT LITTER TRAY DO YOU KEEP IT AND TAKE IT HOME AFTER YOUR STAY?. OR DO YOU EMPTY IT IN THE BINS?. IF YOU USE THE BINS YOU SHOULD PAY FOR THE CAT BEING ON THE SITE.

Feb 20, 2006
Visit site
That is fair comment and I was generalising. Yes a few do use litter trays but most just sling the cats out and let them mess in any ones elses garden.

As dogs are normally walked on leads and therefore their owners see where they make a mess perhaps the answer would be to make it law that cats have to be kept indoors and not left outside to wander.
I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE MY DOG INTO NEXT DOORS GARDEN EVERY NIGHT/MORNING, AND LET HIM CRAP ALL OVER AS THEIR CATS DO IN MY GARDEN!!!!!!

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Why should you pay for a cat when you don't pay for a dog, on club sites that is!

You do not dispose of your pet waste in the domestic bin, you would obviously put it into the dog bins provided. It doesn't matter whether it's cat or dog s**t.

There are very few sites that do not provide dog/cat bins.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Why should you pay for a cat when you don't pay for a dog, on club sites that is!

You do not dispose of your pet waste in the domestic bin, you would obviously put it into the dog bins provided. It doesn't matter whether it's cat or dog s**t.

There are very few sites that do not provide dog/cat bins.
...meant to add. I would have thought the sensible thing would to remove all doings from the cat litter after they have used it. It makes it more pleasant for the cat, and it lasts longer.

Tips I have picked up from my daughter, we do not own cats ourselves.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Colin,

S*** is S*** be it Dog Cat or Human. Do you take yours home with you ??, or do you leave it behind and pollute someone else's beach ??.Speak to your neigbours and let them know how unhappy your are. And we quite happy to pay for ours, and also to adhere to any legal aspect of keeping a cat. Dogs maul people,people maul people, but so far our cats haven't mauled us or anyone else.

Val & Frank

Feb 20, 2006
Visit site
Colin,

S*** is S*** be it Dog Cat or Human. Do you take yours home with you ??, or do you leave it behind and pollute someone else's beach ??.Speak to your neigbours and let them know how unhappy your are. And we quite happy to pay for ours, and also to adhere to any legal aspect of keeping a cat. Dogs maul people,people maul people, but so far our cats haven't mauled us or anyone else.

Val & Frank
i suppose youre cat.s dont maul bird.s. that are dieing out through out the country.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Colin,

Val & Frank
There are more birds killed by pesticides, the road, starvation and removal of habitat, than those killed by cats!!

TRENDING THREADS