Pleated Blind

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi We’ve got a 2015 Bailey Valencia with the deep centre from window. My daughter is at the van and just pulled down the top part of the blind and the string has come out of the right hand side. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so how can you repair? she said the string seems to come across the top from the other side of the blind. Any advice much appreciated. Anne

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
I had a similar problem in our Cabrera in June, and did a step by step guide here:

Blind repair

You need to take the blind assembly off the window, do it carefully and note where the screws go as you remove them. Undoubtedly the issue will be that the string has frayed through. Take your time, and don't rush it. It took me ages to find all the screws I needed to remove.

Reactions: Annie3
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem in our Cabrera in June, and did a step by step guide here:

Blind repair

You need to take the blind assembly off the window, do it carefully and note where the screws go as you remove them. Undoubtedly the issue will be that the string has frayed through. Take your time, and don't rush it. It took me ages to find all the screws I needed to remove.
Thankyou for this did you replace with new string? Kind Regards Anne

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
On our brand new 2011 Lunar Delta TI before taking delivery we tested all the blinds and all three in front went faulty immediately. Later the bathroom one went faulty. All done under warranty.

On our brand new 2018 Buccaneer uing it for the first time, at time we noticed that the front nearside blind had numerous pin holes on the outside crease. We left the caravan with the dealer for the blind exchange. They fitted a new blind and we stayed on their site for a couple of more nights. It was then that we noticed that the blind over the bed had also developed pin holes after only a few uses. Again all done under warranty.

Caravan manufacturers seem to go for the cheapest option which then costs them money in the long run. Seems a silly way to run a business. No wonder so many have gone to the wall!

Reactions: Annie3

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts