POLL - what's the cheapest and most expensive site?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just following on from a couple of threads about rising pitch prices.

What's the cheapest site you've stopped on and what is the most expensive site you've stopped on?

Can you include party numbers, whether you put an awning up, number of additional adults/children, dogs, extra vehicles etc.

Please can you state the season (low, mid peak etc) and if you are happy, the site name.

Were you happy with the facilities?

Thanks.

Lisa

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I've read the other thread and it's a difficult subject.

I think CC sites are expensive, they don't offer much in the way of facilities or services. But they are clean with good Toilet and washing facilities.

We seem to be paying for the CC "no show" losses and it's a non profit club.

What's fine for us as a couple or with children may not suit others, we gave up taking advice on sites a long time ago.

Researcing sites and taking a chance is a good slice of caravanning fun for us, we rarely book for more than a couple of days as being stranded on the wrong site for two or three weeks makes for caravanning hell.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thats an hard one for me to answer Lisa. I suppose ALL CC sites are expensive for us because we don't use all their facilities, preferring to use our own. The only bonus is we don't pay for the dogs. Probably the dearest we've used is Sherwood Forest @

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

The most expensive site we've stopped on was in 2004. Wild Rose in Appleby. I think it was about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa, it depends on how long ago! The cheapest I can remember was in 1965, half a crown (12.5p) in Llandovery,two adults, two kids, two dogs. That was in the days when 50p a night got full facillities(such as they were then) In modern times, I suppose

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa, it's a bit like the time the doctor told me to lose weight. I asked how much I had to lose. He said he wanted me down to the lowest I'd ever been, and I said what? 6lbs 10oz?

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Try this for size - http://www.motheriveysbay.com/

I haven't actually paid the prices below but I have stayed on the site in low season.

The site has a small shop and a modest kids area and I notice this year they have added Internet (prices not advertised.)

No pool, no club.

So why so expensive ?

Hmm, well it really is lovely, right on a perfect sandy cove, bordered by the coast path where a 20 min walk in each direction takes you to large surfing beaches. Beautifully kept.

Would I pay this much - no probably not. But I'll bet they get full in all school hols.

Individual walled pitch 12m x 10m, fully serviced including TV point. Picnic table provided on pitch.

Are you sitting down?

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Lisa

Actually the Shower and toilet blocks are very good, but then we tend to use our own anyway.

I just had another look thinking that if my son and his lady, daughter and boyfriend came too splitting the cost it may be ok, then I realised that with youngest daughter that makes 7 so we'd have to book an extra pitch! - good grief, all that expense of an 8m twin axle and humungatroid awning and we wouldn't be allowed to use it together.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Couldn't the 7th person try and stop with another family on another pitch? You could get some fake passports done so the 7th person has the same surname as the other family they might be stopping with.

Don't forget you're still getting a bargain with the showers being free.

Lisa

G

Most expensive site Pisa (Italy) (2006) 30 euro 1 night for 1 campervan, 2 adults.

Cheapest Madalana (Porto Portugal 2007) 7 euro per night same outfit/people

Actually cheapest was Rambouillet outside Paris we arrived at 8 in the evening no one was there to book us in and on leaving at 8.30 the following morning still no one and no letterbox to leave some money in an envelope.., we aint dishonest honestly !!

Nov 14, 2006
Visit site
Thats an hard one for me to answer Lisa. I suppose ALL CC sites are expensive for us because we don't use all their facilities, preferring to use our own. The only bonus is we don't pay for the dogs. Probably the dearest we've used is Sherwood Forest @

Apr 25, 2008
Visit site
Most expensive site Pisa (Italy) (2006) 30 euro 1 night for 1 campervan, 2 adults.

Cheapest Madalana (Porto Portugal 2007) 7 euro per night same outfit/people

Actually cheapest was Rambouillet outside Paris we arrived at 8 in the evening no one was there to book us in and on leaving at 8.30 the following morning still no one and no letterbox to leave some money in an envelope.., we aint dishonest honestly !!
cheapest we have been to is devon cliffs a haven site caravan, awning electric and passes to use the entertainment, in october twenty pound for a week

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts