Predict the future

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Swifts new caravans look great from the photos that I've seen and both Swift and Bailey have incorporated new technology into their models which was not sufficiently developed five years ago.
Swift have now incorporated LED's for interior and exterior lighting for example.
Swift had decided againts LED's 3 years ago when forum members went on a factory visit and asked about them because Swift designers were not confident of the reliability of led's. Presumably led technology has advanced sufficiently now for them to be fitted as standard equipment.

Bailey of course have developed Alu Tech construction and this will be standard across the Bailey range very soon.

AlKo developed reliable ATC which is standard on some caravans and optional on others.

What new(ish) technology would forum members like to see fitted as standard on new models in say, five years time?

Make a prediction based on things which exist but have not been adapted or developed for use with touring caravans....

My prediction would be solar technology, solar panels are commonly used by ralliers and are an after market roof fit or they can be used as free standing units

I think that caravan manufacturers are missing a trick, there should be a 'Swift Eco' or a 'Bailey Conservation' which would convince tree huggers that caravanning is very eco friendly.
High wattage solar panels could be built into flat caravan roofs, more 12v lighting and appliances could be used and a 12/240v power invertor could be built in along with factory fitted wiring for two leisure batteries.

Who knows? Perhaps Nigel Donnelly could organise the lobbying of government ministers and enviromental campaigners to the point where government grants would be awarded to us tourers because we are so green!

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi,
just one parksy "disc brakes" 40years ago they were laughed at as a gimmick when suggested for motorbikes now standard fittment, they will be fitted to vans at some point in the future just a question of when.
colin

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
1: Self levelling caravans :O)

2: Self emptying toilets. Something along the lines of the railways, press a button and it's dumped on the track only in our case it's dumped on the motorway ... heh! heh! heh!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts