Pump Problem - Urgent

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi all
Had my Compass Camino from new last May.
Drained down my water system at the end of October when we returned from a week away.
Today decided to sterilise my water pipes ready to go away on Tuesday. Filled up my aqua roll with water and puriclean, put in my Whale pump and connected it to the caravan, switched on my master switch but when I tried to draw the water through my taps nothing happened, no water, no pump noise.

Checked the fuse box all seems ok, my battery is working fine, as I took my caravan off mains hook up and lights work etc.

Any idea what else this could be or how I could remedy this before going away on Tuesday.
Pleeeease :unsure:

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am not sure which whale system you have, but it may be that the pressure switch needs adjusting.
A picture would help.

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Thank you , Sorry for my ignorance of being a relative newbie, what should I take a picture of, do you mean the mechanics under the front seat? Or the master switch panel or where I would plug in the whale pump that goes from the aqua roll into the van? :unsure:

Damian-Moderator said:
I am not sure which whale system you have, but it may be that the pressure switch needs adjusting.
A picture would help.

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
I have taken some photos that I think may be helpful, but do not know how to post them on here :dry:
Forgot to mention in my main post, when I switch on the master pump switch the light does not come on on the panel and when I plug the aqua roll pump into the socket outside It does not make a ‘whirring’ noise as it connects as it has done previously.
JanBn said:
Thank you , Sorry for my ignorance of being a relative newbie, what should I take a picture of, do you mean the mechanics under the front seat? Or the master switch panel or where I would plug in the whale pump that goes from the aqua roll into the van? :unsure:

Damian-Moderator said:
A picture would help.

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
I too am not sure of your whale pump.but alot do have a electrical connection on the ouside of the caravan.Mostly like 2 blades on the coupling and 2 blades on the receiver to match them Some time this can get corroded and donot make a good connection.if this is your type then a good clean with electrical spray and a small peice of sand paper.If there is no electrical (dirty)connection between them the light will not light up until the pump is running.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
JanBn said:
Thank you , Sorry for my ignorance of being a relative newbie, what should I take a picture of, do you mean the mechanics under the front seat? Or the master switch panel or where I would plug in the whale pump that goes from the aqua roll into the van? :unsure: .
[/quote]

A pic of the inside where the pump connects and the outside where it plugs in.
As for putting them on the site I think (and I mean only think as I am not sure) you need to upload the pictures to a sharing site then provide a link to that .
There are several sharing sites here : https://photo-sharing-websites.no1reviews.com/
Choose the one that is best for you.

I hope someone else will come along with better help for sharing and linking to the site.

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
I did check the connectors between the socket on the van and the plug on the aqua roll pump, they seemed quite clean, but will try cleaning them to make sure.
Thank you for taking the time to reply :)

zoaman said:
I too am not sure of your whale pump.but alot do have a electrical connection on the ouside of the caravan.Mostly like 2 blades on the coupling and 2 blades on the receiver to match them Some time this can get corroded and donot make a good connection.if this is your type then a good clean with electrical spray and a small peice of sand paper.If there is no electrical (dirty)connection between them the light will not light up until the pump is running.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When you say the fuses seem OK, what have you tested them with?
You need a multimeter to be sure they are actually OK

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hiya, with my Coachman, with a submersible pump into the Aqua roll , i sterilised the system but "TOO MUCH " and blocked the filter. Just a thought. Good luck.

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Whoops :dry: did you leave the filter in whilst sterilising, as I’ve read this can breakdown the filter and lead to the black carbon bits blocking valves etc further down the pipe work :unsure:
I can’t even get mine off....that was my next task :lol:

EH52ARH said:
Hiya, with my Coachman, with a submersible pump into the Aqua roll , i sterilised the system but "TOO MUCH " and blocked the filter. Just a thought. Good luck.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
My guess is that its not the connection terminals - it would take some pretty serious corrosion not to get even a peep from the pump. More likely is that the pump impellor has dried, and stuck fast. Disconnect and see if its possible to turn the impellor or the motor shaft a couple of turns and try again.

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
thank you Chris that was exactly the problem, a quick jiggle with a small point and it released ;)

chrisn7 said:
My guess is that its not the connection terminals - it would take some pretty serious corrosion not to get even a peep from the pump. More likely is that the pump impellor has dried, and stuck fast. Disconnect and see if its possible to turn the impellor or the motor shaft a couple of turns and try again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts