R.I.P. II (the sequel)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, as you may remember my mate Kanga was barred by the Mod. at the end of last week. The reason Kanga was still posting was because his computer at home was always left on and so he could still reply (which he did when arriving home from work on Friday evening). However, over the weekend the internet connection went down and so poor kanga could not log onto the PC site when reconnecting. Some of you will undoubtably think that this must be a wind-up but I assure you that he will not be posting again. I would ask the Mod. to confirm that he has been barred so that you all know the true facts of the situation. I for one would like Kanga to be reinstated as a forum member and with some support from other members this might change the Mods. mind. Mr. Mod please can you allow Kanga another chance as he is not the man I used to know since you took away his will to live.

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
Hello Daventura, sorry that it has come to this but my opinion, for what its worth, is I dont think that he should have been banned because he has not been so personally abusive of late. but of course it is up to the Mod. in this case. However I do hope that he (the mod.) is very careful and can make precise judgements in the future as to is 'crossing the line' and therefore likely to have caused a serious enough offence to be barred. Bring him back Mr. Mod. and show some mercy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Please let him back. I'll promise not to make any remarks on 4x4's and I'll even say they're really good if you let him back on.

Pete

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Well I'm open to offers to speak up for Kanga, after all I am privvy to a few ears in the Upper House who have plenty of clout with the people who matter. My old regimental chum Lord Cowpatt of SplatterBottom is actually a board member of Haymarket Publications. If Kanga would promise to reform and attend correctional classes all might be well. He could even try Lisa's Confessional, then again maybe not. Ten "Hail Clives" and gargling in Holy Maids Water was enough punishment without a ban. Good Gawd with no Kanga thats one less for me to disagree with, whatevers the world coming too. Since we lost the Empire this country as gone to the dawgs. Oops sorry, mustn't mention dawgs in case Rogers reading this. :O( Awfully sorry old bean.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If I'm desperate for advice I'll post a question in the appropriate category, if I'm just browsing I'll look for Kanga's postings. He's good fun (usually) and much more interesting than Coronation Street. Let him back on, I might end up watching corra after all.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Oh Mr Moderator you must feel proud now that you have rid this forum of the naughty Kanga. Its funny that when he was posting his worst material you didnt seem that interested in peoples plees for action. Recently his posts have mellowed and he publicly said he would stop the ongoing 4x4 debate and yet you have barred him,...for a comment about you. So,Ok you've made your point ,now let Kanga back so he can continue to do what he does best, making us laugh/cry/mad/debate/think!!!...Brian (.")

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Mark I can understand where your coming from mate, especially regarding the insulting personal comments he made about yourself but thats in the past. Life goes on and you chose to ignore that and you carried on posting in spite of your dyslexia and the comments made. In others eyes Mark that makes you the bigger man. Please dont hold grudges.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Oh Mr Moderator you must feel proud now that you have rid this forum of the naughty Kanga. Its funny that when he was posting his worst material you didnt seem that interested in peoples plees for action. Recently his posts have mellowed and he publicly said he would stop the ongoing 4x4 debate and yet you have barred him,...for a comment about you. So,Ok you've made your point ,now let Kanga back so he can continue to do what he does best, making us laugh/cry/mad/debate/think!!!...Brian (.")
Brian

You are right that in the past I allowed users to get away with too much - in the interests of 'freedom of speech'.

Now after many complaints I have taken action and have since tried to keep people within the rules of our forum etiquette.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have kept out of this except to compare the antics with Rooney applauding the ref.

Rooney would not have been banned for life for the red card and I wonder if "all or nothing" is the best course of action.

A fixed ban of say one month would be more likely to have the desired effect and less likely to result in more aggravation from guerrilla appearances via internet caf

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Even though I disagree with the behaviour, language and spoof postings carried out by the minority, I do not believe that individuals should be banned forever.

But what is the Moderator to do when he/she is "shouted at" and suffers abuse. We have had a free for all when it became clear that re-logging on was easy and that was horrendous.

If it gets back to that again - I doubt any sensible person will stay. Most of us just want our views treated with respect.

My views on the three main protagonists of the abuse where people were likened to Terrorists, Idi Amin, Hitler as well as being told that they were child killers because of the vehicle they drive, is still as strong as ever!

So I suggest a One Month Ban, for anyone who breaks the existing rules plus this one:-

"whilst individuals views are bound to be different, overt critiscm of an individual or an individuals choice of caravan, towcar or any other item will not be tolerated"

This will of course apply to me as well as everyone else but please note, all those that are already penning vitriolic replies, - I have always maintained that what you tow with is your choice - I do not care what it is.

I mention this because it has been confirmed by the Moderator that a number of aggresive postings are Spoof postings - i.e. just done by a Troll to wind things up.

By having a Months Ban an offender would be able to come back. If they carry on being abusive or whatever, the Moderator can take a view and apply another ban.

What do people think?

PS - I am soooo looking forward to the meeting when we all get together next year. How some "people" will actually attend is beyond me and I notice that some have already said they will "stear clear". Multiple personalities are so difficult to maintain in the real world are they not!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark I can understand where your coming from mate, especially regarding the insulting personal comments he made about yourself but thats in the past. Life goes on and you chose to ignore that and you carried on posting in spite of your dyslexia and the comments made. In others eyes Mark that makes you the bigger man. Please dont hold grudges.
I can understand Marks point. The fun poking was not fun at all. It was calculated.

Even when it was suggested that an appology was due - absolutely none was forthcoming. I do not blame Mark for feeling as he does - he has a right to feel that way.

I would suggest that Mark is twice the man compared to his antagoniser.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well I'm open to offers to speak up for Kanga, after all I am privvy to a few ears in the Upper House who have plenty of clout with the people who matter. My old regimental chum Lord Cowpatt of SplatterBottom is actually a board member of Haymarket Publications. If Kanga would promise to reform and attend correctional classes all might be well. He could even try Lisa's Confessional, then again maybe not. Ten "Hail Clives" and gargling in Holy Maids Water was enough punishment without a ban. Good Gawd with no Kanga thats one less for me to disagree with, whatevers the world coming too. Since we lost the Empire this country as gone to the dawgs. Oops sorry, mustn't mention dawgs in case Rogers reading this. :O( Awfully sorry old bean.
ROFL

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian

You are right that in the past I allowed users to get away with too much - in the interests of 'freedom of speech'.

Now after many complaints I have taken action and have since tried to keep people within the rules of our forum etiquette.

Too little too late mr mod .Ben

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Even though I disagree with the behaviour, language and spoof postings carried out by the minority, I do not believe that individuals should be banned forever.

But what is the Moderator to do when he/she is "shouted at" and suffers abuse. We have had a free for all when it became clear that re-logging on was easy and that was horrendous.

If it gets back to that again - I doubt any sensible person will stay. Most of us just want our views treated with respect.

My views on the three main protagonists of the abuse where people were likened to Terrorists, Idi Amin, Hitler as well as being told that they were child killers because of the vehicle they drive, is still as strong as ever!

So I suggest a One Month Ban, for anyone who breaks the existing rules plus this one:-

"whilst individuals views are bound to be different, overt critiscm of an individual or an individuals choice of caravan, towcar or any other item will not be tolerated"

This will of course apply to me as well as everyone else but please note, all those that are already penning vitriolic replies, - I have always maintained that what you tow with is your choice - I do not care what it is.

I mention this because it has been confirmed by the Moderator that a number of aggresive postings are Spoof postings - i.e. just done by a Troll to wind things up.

By having a Months Ban an offender would be able to come back. If they carry on being abusive or whatever, the Moderator can take a view and apply another ban.

What do people think?

PS - I am soooo looking forward to the meeting when we all get together next year. How some "people" will actually attend is beyond me and I notice that some have already said they will "stear clear". Multiple personalities are so difficult to maintain in the real world are they not!
Your correct Clive, I would favour the three strikes and you're out tactic. A ban depending on the seriousness of the crime, from a week to a month to total outright. The only problem is how to implement it. With the ability to log on as a different user each time after being banned, it's not going to act as a huge deterrent.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

What do people think?

agree 100% Lol

Hopefully the techies are doing their bit as well.

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
I too would not be able to attend such a meet. I feel that the animosity between certain members on the website is enough to put me off at least,if not others. If people want to 'steer clear' then that is their choice and I can understand why they may wish to. I have found this forum to be useful especially for newcomers like myself. Yet if someone can ridicule another (Im not not referring to 'tongue-in-cheek stuff)on the site what ever are they going to be like on site, face to face? This is a personal opinion, not everyone,if anyone, will agree. Yet,as already pointed out,I think it could change the way that forum members are responded to in the future, eg. what happens if the so called trouble makers turn out to be super people but the nice people turn out to be the opposite? Would forum life ever be the same again after? Just a thought! Cheers, Derek.

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
Derek me old chum I think you might have a good point there. Take Kanga and myself for examples. He his a great bloke who loves caravanning and would help anyone in any situation and yet there are those who are quick to pretend that they think they know him. He would probably/hopefully say the same kind of things about me, but Mr. Mod. has banned him so he cant say anything! Ironic isnt it? But you might just find by going to next years meet (is it still on?) those that are anti antis may turn out to be quite nice!! Good luck.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I thick Kanga shud have Clive thing dun to him.

One thing I would change start with two is bring the time down form 1 moth to 2 weeks. So that would make that he had 9 day left of it.

Mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts