Reliable caravan servicing in North West England

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would be grateful for recommendations for reliable caravan service agents in the North West of England. Over the last couple of years I have not been too happy with the services I have received. High prices and doubtful quality of work have been problems for me.

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
To be honest I can not say that I reccomend any of them. I have worked at a north west dealer in the past, and obviously I now service my caravan myself.

I would be quite happy to service yours if you are not too far away. If you want to send me some details of your location and what caravan you have to s_worthington@btopenworld.com I'll see if I can help.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cannot really recommend anyone but I am quite happy with Barrons of Coppull at present. Well I did buy my 'van from them.

I have had bad experiences in the past with both Goodalls at Huddersfield before they went bust and then Harringtons at Delamere.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Try Widnes caravans.I have had mine serviced there for the past couple of years and they belive in service and attention.Both Don and Peter as well as the staff know what they are talking about.There price for a sigle axle unit is

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi, this my first posting on this forum, although I have been searching through to find the answer to a couple of questions I have about servicing, this is the closest i have been able to find yet, my caravan is due its first service, i too live in the northwest, the caravan was bought from glossops but thought that i would take it to my local dealer which is harringtons, when i approached them about doing my service they told me that they could do it but if i wanted any warranty work doing that it would cost me

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bought my caravan from Barrons of Coppull in 2000 and have had it serviced by them each year since then to maintain the 5 year warranty. Certainly cannot complain because last year they replaced a part on the hob and this year a part on the fridge both under warranty and the services have not been expensive. I have not heard of being charged to transfer the warranty before but nothing surprises me about Harringtons.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Dusty, I bought my last two vans from Barrons Coppull and agree they provide an excellent service(thanks to Marion,The sales person)As for annual servicing ,I never bother.I change vans every 3 years ,always check things myself (change gas hose etc) and have NEVER been asked about service history when PX'ing them.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
We have bought all our vans from glossop caravans and had them serviced by glossop each year, to this day we have received nothing but the best attention from them. the new service area which is a purpose built building away from the sales area is superb with all the latest equipment and i think 8 dedicated caravan lifts, they replaced the complete side in my laser after some moron in a white van hit it and i had the van back within two weeks.

In our opinion you are always best to take your van back to the original supplier for service and repair work as they do have more responsibility as the selling agent.

Oct 5, 2005
Visit site
Wouldn't touch Harringtons with a barge pole. Bought our van new from them in 2003 but wouldn't buy as much as a tap washer off them now. List as long as my arm of bad experiences including serious damage to van,lies, broken promises,poor workmanship, incomplete work. Recommend Widnes Caravans. NCC Approved. They will indentify any warranty work needed but you'll have to take it original supplying dealer for them to carry out work

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wouldn't touch Harringtons with a barge pole. Bought our van new from them in 2003 but wouldn't buy as much as a tap washer off them now. List as long as my arm of bad experiences including serious damage to van,lies, broken promises,poor workmanship, incomplete work. Recommend Widnes Caravans. NCC Approved. They will indentify any warranty work needed but you'll have to take it original supplying dealer for them to carry out work
I also would never return to Harringtons. They would not even acknowledge my letters after I had a problem with their workmanship.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is a lad that has his own repair business in Kirkham, (Tony)he does a good job and is very reasonable-----01772 686749,---he is usually very busy so you will probably have to wait a week or so.

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi, this my first posting on this forum, although I have been searching through to find the answer to a couple of questions I have about servicing, this is the closest i have been able to find yet, my caravan is due its first service, i too live in the northwest, the caravan was bought from glossops but thought that i would take it to my local dealer which is harringtons, when i approached them about doing my service they told me that they could do it but if i wanted any warranty work doing that it would cost me

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
Was the last 'van you p/x to Barrons an Elddis Odyssey?

I've just bought one from Barrons & paid for extended warranty but then had to cancel it when I found it hadn't a service record. I was hoping to have a 'van with a full service record to take advantage of eldiss's 5 year damp warranty. Bit disappointed - no criricism of barrons - my own fault. so whilst it might seem a good idea not to bother with servicing - consider the safety aspects of not getting the van serviced and the effect on subsequent owners.

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
Dusty, I bought my last two vans from Barrons Coppull and agree they provide an excellent service(thanks to Marion,The sales person)As for annual servicing ,I never bother.I change vans every 3 years ,always check things myself (change gas hose etc) and have NEVER been asked about service history when PX'ing them.
First time on site so didn't put my comment in right pace, see posting 15th Nov from Tom (I might have bought your unserviced van!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts