RESCUE

Oct 25, 2020
Visit site
Following medical accident in Spanish hospital need experienced driver to take my car and outfit back to UK
flight and living expense's paid. 0034952887253

Oct 25, 2020
Visit site
RAC wont go that distance, caravan care will pay £1000 maximum and I've still got to get The car back. My wife cant/wont drive and Shiply adverts bring up quotes above £2000. With private hospital treatment you can imagine what little money with have left!.

Oct 25, 2020
Visit site
Look

Beachball..... Would you believe the answer is no.... I'm 88 most of family dead or too old.

Wouldn't be happy leaving out almost new van but thank you for the suggestion.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately most people would be reluctant to travel to a foreign destination if they are allowed entry due to Covid19 and then on their return to quarantine for 2 weeks afterwards. Plus you have the insurance aspect.
Sad to say, but you may be better off selling the caravan in Spain as there will probably be plenty of buyers. Not sure about car though.
Sorry I cannot be more helpful and wish you all the best.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Graeme
There is a company called Oxford Breakdown Recovery that advertise recovery from Europe,using flatbed truck for car and towing caravan,contact number 447863281324,I haven o experience of them other than what they claim on line, might be worth googling them and see whether they can help,hope you get it sorted soon.

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Moderators, if it is possible, would you mind passing on my e-mail address to Graeme so that I can have a conversation with him to see if I can be of any help with regard to his current situation.

Reactions: RogerL

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Moderators, if it is possible, would you mind passing on my e-mail address to Graeme so that I can have a conversation with him to see if I can be of any help with regard to his current situation.
You can include your email address in a private message to Graeme.
Look at the blue Practical Caravan title bar, left click on the envelope icon top right.
A dialogue box will open, enter the name of the person you'd like to start a conversation with and add your message, which is completely private.
Replies will show as a marker on your envelope.

Oct 25, 2020
Visit site
Unfortunately most people would be reluctant to travel to a foreign destination if they are allowed entry due to Covid19 and then on their return to quarantine for 2 weeks afterwards. Plus you have the insurance aspect.
Sad to say, but you may be better off selling the caravan in Spain as there will probably be plenty of buyers. Not sure about car though.
Sorry I cannot be more helpful and wish you all the best.p

Unfortunately the locals want the door on the other side
.... But anyway I would much prefer not to sell it. Thanks anyway.

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Parksy, I have sent Graeme a private message as you suggested but how will he know ?
I notice he is a new member and may not be aware of this method of private communication between members, just like I wasn't lol !!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully Graeme will continue to read his thread and will see what was written earlier.
I don't have access to email addresses for reasons of confidentiality.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am rather lost as to why the RAC will not help due to the distance. If they sold you a breakdown policy knowing you were going to Spain then they have to recover you. If that is correct I would try a formal complaint with a threat to go to the ombudsman.
I did look at their web site and provided you took Zone 2 cover the recovery should be covered, they even include the offshore islands. If they are not on cover they do quote for this but I assume you have tried this.

Oct 25, 2020
Visit site
The insurance policy was from Camping and Caravan Club insurance called CaravanCare. I was under the impression they cooperate with RAC and ACc have refused. Caravancare have offered £1000 towards recovery. The nearest I got for orofessional towing or transporting the caravam was £2300
Hi Graeme
There is a company called Oxford Breakdown Recovery that advertise recovery from Europe,using flatbed truck for car and towing caravan,contact number 447863281324,I haven o experience of them other than what they claim on line, might be worth googling them and see whether they can help,hope you get it sorted soon.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Graeme, I've removed one of your posts which contained what was presumably your email address.
If you want to exchange private information please use the private messaging service described earlier in this thread.
We have no control over who can look at this forum, which is why we try to keep personal information private.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts