Reviews of caravans

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
I used to work in the print industry as a service engineer. We used spend a week tweaking a machine that were used in demos or shows.
I think it is common practice throughout any industry to make sure the demo unit is the best it could possibly be.
However I do believe caravans are improving but they couldn't do much worst considering the starting point.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The tests are not bad at all and within the parameters of a day or so test can only scratch the surface.
However it would be very welcome to see a paragraph on the method of construction and the potential leak proof period that can be reasonably expected B)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Dustydog

How long a piece of string?

Water ingress is an unwanted optional extra, not fitted to every caravan.

On this forum you could be lead to believe all caravans over a day old had its own internal water feature.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
You are quite right about CAD CAM systems Prof. They take design to a dimension unimaginable years ago. However, as explained by Honest John in this Saturday's Telegraph a VW small turbo engine of very recent years proved to be dog with a voracious appetite for oil.
VW have remedied the problem by completely redesigning the entire engine.
The original 1.4 high power turbo diesel suffered from. 'Bore wash' resulting in premature piston failure wrecking the entire unit.
The new replacement is a new design with stronger parts and better piston rings and better bores.
I do recall some years ago a forumite questioned the concept of longevity in small high power diesels.
How right he was :) B)

Well in that particular case may be, but it reinforces a point Ii made about NEW designs going through an initial period when faults are more likely to arise, and as the product matures the faults will be worked out or in the case you mention eliminated completely by removing the product.

It would be wrong to condemn the entire collection of new designs just because one didn't work out very well. we all make mistakes believe it or not even me. :woohoo:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts