route plan

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
hi there! we are going to south brittany in the summer hols. From calais (i have sorted our overnighter in dover they are getting very booked up!)
anyway just starting trying to plan a route so have tried looking at a map first! and then just done a aa route planner sent me a different way to what i was looking 7.10 hours pulling a caravan with 3 kids probably at least 10! anyway we would like to stopover halfway which looks like caen ish?? anyone been that way?
do you know of a good halfway stopover nothing fancy just showers and toilets would be great.
also is this route expensive with tolls? how much should we expect to pay?
please bear with me its our first time taking the van abroad!!
and all your help is appreciated, thankyou xx

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Laura
You can use route planners such as Viamichelin to give the cost of tolls on your route, as well as the route itself. www.viamichelin.co.uk - and under options make sure you select car and caravan, and the type of car you have to make sure the fuel costs are correct.

Can't help with a site as we've never done that route, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help.

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Laura
We travelled via Calais last year to northern Brittany and returned there from Benodet, mid Brittany. On both out 7 return legs we stopped at Municipal Camping Pont Farcy which is just off the toll-free A84 autoroute south west of Caen. I would highly recommend this site as being what you are looking for. A lovely peaceful rural site on the banks of a small river. It has a children's playground and play equipment "scattered" around the site.
You can read my review here:
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=9873
I hope this is some help.
Tim

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I did reply to your earlier post suggesting La Catiniere (in Caravan Club Overseas Travel book). This site is not far from the exit just after you have gone over the Pont de Normandie at Le Harve.

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
As well as the sources already mentioned there is a very useful Belgium site that I have found very useful when towing across and around France.

Althought many of the routes are designed with Belgium as the origin most are easily adapted for others.

Best wishes for a great holiday

TRENDING THREADS