Satellite TV query

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if I will need a receiver/digibox with a portable satellite dish if my TV already has Freeview built into it or will I get the Freeview channels if I just plug the dish lead direct into the TV and tune it in?

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
SSorry you need a digi box for Sky or Free sat, free view comes from the aerial on you van, if it's the status type and the signal is good you should have no problem receiving free view channels.

If the signal is poor you may only get analogue.

NigelH

May 6, 2009
Visit site
A satellite dish will only give a signal to a satellite box, such as Sky or Freesat

Freeview is a different digital system using a digital aerial (of the traditional aerial type, as opposed to a dish), and can come built into a TV, or as a separate dish

If you have a TV with built in Freeview all you need is a digital aerial, not dish, which will supply the Freeview receiver in the TV with the appropriate digital signal

This is exactly what I use. I have a digital TV with Freeview built in, also with built in DVD and iPod dock. I use this with a Vision Plus Image 630 pack, which is an Image 430 digital aerial, plus other fittings such as pole and signal booster. Although this is like the same technical spec as the Vision Plus Status it gets a far better signal as you can get better height. Yes, the Status is uni-directional so is just 'plug n play', but for a few mins extra setting up time I have a directional aerial on a 3.5m pole that gets a fantastic signal

Tried for first time at weekend, and in minutes the Freeview in the TV had picked up over 80 free digital channels, all with superb picture!! Well recommended, and very easy to fit, and

May 6, 2009
Visit site
A satellite dish will only give a signal to a satellite box, such as Sky or Freesat

Freeview is a different digital system using a digital aerial (of the traditional aerial type, as opposed to a dish), and can come built into a TV, or as a separate dish

If you have a TV with built in Freeview all you need is a digital aerial, not dish, which will supply the Freeview receiver in the TV with the appropriate digital signal

This is exactly what I use. I have a digital TV with Freeview built in, also with built in DVD and iPod dock. I use this with a Vision Plus Image 630 pack, which is an Image 430 digital aerial, plus other fittings such as pole and signal booster. Although this is like the same technical spec as the Vision Plus Status it gets a far better signal as you can get better height. Yes, the Status is uni-directional so is just 'plug n play', but for a few mins extra setting up time I have a directional aerial on a 3.5m pole that gets a fantastic signal

Tried for first time at weekend, and in minutes the Freeview in the TV had picked up over 80 free digital channels, all with superb picture!! Well recommended, and very easy to fit, and

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts