Saving the Pennies

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Hello all

I live with my husband, our 4 year old daughter and our two poodles, Morris and Daisy. I spent most of my childhood on caravan holidays with my folks, we owned several touring caravans and enjoyed some of the best holidays I have ever experienced. Now I have my own family we have spent the last few years hiring static caravans, going abroad on holiday (difficult due to having two dogs) and camping in our tent. We have decided to go for it and purchase a van of our own.

I look forward to being part of this forum and drinking in your wisdom!

Yanda007 x

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello Yanda007, welcome to the forum.
Good luck with your quest for caravan ownership, Click Here to browse the caravan buyers guide to avoid the more common pitfalls for buyers.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Yanda.
How right you are. Many of us started the caravan bug with our parents and never looked back.
Choose your first caravan carefully. There are numerous layouts and what initially looks suitable often isn't. Go to as many dealers you can . Take the kids and try the layouts until you find what you like.
The two Caravan Clubs are worth looking at for guidance too.
On here you will find a wet of knowledge. Good luck.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum, lots of help on here, and by the way our two dogs always come across to Europe with us, eldest hound , only eight has to get new passport now as its full . No more stamps,
Hutch.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Yanda, welcome to the forum. Let us know how your search for a van goes. The caravanfinder website is a really good place to start as it will give you an idea what is out there and for how much.
Mel

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'll add our welcome to you,,we are still new to owning and touring but we love it as I'm sure you will.
Remember there are many knowledgeable folk on here so don't be afraid to ask, even if it seems trivial to you.

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Welcome Yanda007!
Good luck hunting it is an exciting time! We are fairly new return caravanners and absolutely love it. We also take two of our dogs with us and you will be really pleased with how dog friendly many of the caravan sites are - the dogs love it too! Have fun choosing and try to look at lots of different layouts to see which suits your family best at this stage.

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi, i'm a newbie too and still looking for my first caravan. I would advise going to a few dealers and looking at everything that is within your price range and the right size. I have changed my mind on which van and which layout 3 or 4 times after looking at a few vans over the last few weeks.
have fun looking round :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts