Saying Hello

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Enjoyed camping with a Conway Countryman (York,France etc..) and replaced with a Compass Venture 495 (Special Edition of an Elddis Xplore 495) this year. First trip with van (The day after pick-up) was to Teversal with 4" of snow on the ground. Hopefully there won't be snow on our next trip over the Jubliee weekend :). Our towcar is an Ford S-Max 2.0 TDCI (163) (If I have got the technology right the outfit should be my picture) which tows the van very very well as well as having space for kit etc.. Going on a C&C club manovering course to practice reversing (its harder than my Dart 18 Catamaran on its trailer to reverse where I could see both 'back ends' of the boat).
In summer we are exploring England (Cornwall, Dorset etc....). My wife, Chris, got me a years subscription to practical caravan which I find very useful.

Paul

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul
Welcom e to the Forum..
Plenty of good stuff on here and also plenty of well seasoned caravanners who will happily ask any questions you may.
Please never be shy to ask anything even if you think it is silly . We all had to learn at one time or another.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the Practical Caravan forum Paul, let us know how the manoevering course goes and I hope that you will have many happy times exploring various parts of the country as time goes by
smiley-laughing.gif

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
hi paul i done the course 3 years ago and found it to be fantastic after a bit of practice you`ll be reversing 40 ft trailers with you`re eyes closed happy vanning

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Desipte the inclement weather the course was fantastic. I now can talk the talk and walk the walk as far as caravan reversing is concerned :). In fact I have written an article and sent it to Stacie, hopefully for publication, about the course. Lots of useful infomation, tips and hints as well as practice. First real test at the Camping and Cravanning Club site, Conkers last week and put the caravan about 2 cms from the edge of the hard standing first time!.

I would recommend all to take a course

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts