Sealant, sockets.windows

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
Morning all can anyone recomend a good sealant for around the roof skylites please? Also on our abbey vogue 1997 on the n/s front is a little compartment with a socket for a 3 pin plug not in hand book any ideas anyone?finally on putting the caravan on our property caught toilet window anyone know of any caravan breakers where I might get one? or possibly have one made??

Attachments

• SUNP0001 (1).JPG
    SUNP0001 (1).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Morning all can anyone recomend a good sealant for around the roof skylites please? Also on our abbey vogue 1997 on the n/s front is a little compartment with a socket for a 3 pin plug not in hand book any ideas anyone?finally on putting the caravan on our property caught toilet window anyone know of any caravan breakers where I might get one? or possibly have one made??
Having a window made is very expensive. If you Google Caravan Breakers you will get a number of hits. SFM are often recommended as they hold a wide range of used parts

Reactions: Gerry N
Jun 26, 2022
Visit site
Sikaflex 522 is the sealant you need, there is a company called ecco caravan windows in Halifax 01274 679524 , they will make it to size. not sure about your 3 pin plug maybe to bring power into your awning?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I would not be surprised if the window was commonly fitted to many vans. Therefore easily found. I would measure it accurately and search on that basis.

John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you are resealing then you need to remove all the old sealant or the new one may not work.
I assume that if this is a standard three pin plug it has been fitted to power an awning heater or something by a previous owner. If you intend to use it I would have an electrician check it out as you never know if the original fitter was competent
SFM are a good source for windows and other second hand parts but if you google caravan breakers there are others. As jcloughie says the window should be common to other models probably most of the Swift range for that year and many other models from other makers. so if you have the measurements you should find one.

Sep 1, 2022
Visit site
If you are resealing then you need to remove all the old sealant or the new one may not work.
I assume that if this is a standard three pin plug it has been fitted to power an awning heater or something by a previous owner. If you intend to use it I would have an electrician check it out as you never know if the original fitter was competent
SFM are a good source for windows and other second hand parts but if you google caravan breakers there are others. As jcloughie says the window should be common to other models probably most of the Swift range for that year and many other models from other makers. so if you have the measurements you should find one.
Thankyou forgot all about the awning as for the window no luck so far

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Would you use a sealant which may not be flexible enough for travelling or would use use mastic for fitting the window frame?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts