Second Lockdown πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

Page 27 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Had to go to the dentist today a 25 mile round trip but the practise fit out since I last went in August was amazing. On all floors and in the treatment rooms there are 5 ft tall UV sanitiser towers with hepa filtration. Fogger units everywhere it was like being on a film set and also three times a day they go all around with sanitiser guns that look like leaf blowers. No wonder treatment prices have shot up 20%. I deferred my next appointment to later February not only for when I should have had the vaccination, but to defer the cost into March and beyond😹

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
But they aren't saying you can go any distance if the area you go to is deserted. He'd go to our favourite beach 50miles away if so occasionally but we won't because they want traffic off roads to minimise risk etc too surely?
I don't seriously believe the aim of "to stay local" is to reduce traffic! nor is it to reduce the probability of collisions. Why not take it at is face value which is to impede the spread of the
virus in all its forms.

Just look at how quickly the new strain has spread from teh SE to all parts of the country. It can only have done that by being transmitted by people moving from one area to the next.

Just this morning I woke to the sound of traffic waiting on my side road to enter the A5. It was no just as busy as before the first lock down. With so many people moving around its hardly surprising that in my area the infection rate is still soaring.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just completed a You. Gov Survey.
General consensus is lockdown will not finish before June 2021

Is that this status of lockdown until June 2021 or that most restrictions will be lifted progressively until then. Looks like 4 July could be the season start again as last year. I looked at the Explore holiday brochure last night. Funny thing was even that though I’ve not had a summer holiday since 2017and that was a midge laden, wet Scotland , the level of interest was not really there. Have some caravan bookings through to June, so better start finding an enthusiasm catalyst otherwise β€œuse it or lose it” will creep in.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
At this stage I don't think anyone can predict with any accuracy when restrictions may begin to be lifted. It will all depend on many factors of which only some are known. Undoubtedly the numbers testing positive for C19 will be one and of course on the number of people needing hospital care.

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I hope so too but too early to be sure.

Today Prof Ferguson is predicting that restrictions should only be relaxed gradually and may be with us in part into Autumn. He’s clearly concerned at giving the virus a launchpad for next winter.

May seriously have to consider whether to continue caravanning in such circumstances. Do the cost benefits align?

Mind you the Prof is only a scientist and politicians take a broader view. Say no more.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
And he's a scientist who broke the law / his own advice isn't he; is he taking in to account summer decline of a virus, age decline of a virus-yes the usually die out of their own accord eventually-see Spanish Flu, and that little thing called the vaccine-I think he's scaremongering-or should i say i sincerely hope he is! However I do agree to relaxing them gradually!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My BIL passed away recently at home due to cancer and his death was recorded as Covid related. He definitely did not have Covid? Are we getting the true figures on actual Covid related deaths.

Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
And he's a scientist who broke the law / his own advice isn't he; is he taking in to account summer decline of a virus, age decline of a virus-yes the usually die out of their own accord eventually-see Spanish Flu, and that little thing called the vaccine-I think he's scaremongering-or should i say i sincerely hope he is! However I do agree to relaxing them gradually!

Yes he did break the law and immediately resigned his position on SAGE but he is eminent in his field and has still been providing an input to the SAGE committee and panel structure. Being β€œ redeemed” he is now being interviewed by the media again. There but for.... and all that.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
One neighbour, 80 plus, had his jab a couple of weeks ago. Another, plus 75, had a phone call yesterday from our surgery. β€œCan he get there in the next 5 mins” for his. And he did.

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My BIL passed away recently at home due to cancer and his death was recorded as Covid related. He definitely did not have Covid? Are we getting the true figures on actual Covid related deaths.
I am sorry to read of your BIL's passing. Its never easy to lose a loved one or friend regardless of the reason. My sympathies go to you and all who have suffered a loss.

I suspect the absolute accurate figures for cause of death will not be known, but what a very reasonable guide can be drawn from comparing the figures for 2020 against previous years, and the increased numbers will be down to the virus.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On the news to-day, Public Health England have conducted a study in to how long people who have immunity are likely to retain an immunity, and their preliminary figures are suggesting it may be a short as 5 months.

In addition they have also concluded that having immunity does not preclude you from carrying and spreading the virus to others.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
On the news to-day, Public Health England have conducted a study in to how long people who have immunity are likely to retain an immunity, and their preliminary figures are suggesting it may be a short as 5 months.

In addition they have also concluded that having immunity does not preclude you from carrying and spreading the virus to others.
Prof,
Is that 5 month immunity post jab one or someone who has recovered from C19?
I fully agree no amount of immunity will prevent you being a potential carrier. It amazes me how many people in London are saying no to the vaccine😒😒
I haven’t seen my Yorkshire family for 7 months now. Even my son wonders what I look like !
I dealt with two very expensive claims during the Foot and Mouth outbreak. Tony Blair took advice from Prof Neil Ferguson. Remember the massive funeral pyres of cattle and sheep. Subsequent boffins have in recent years questioned those decisions saying only 10% of the animals needed culling. Let’s hope whoever or whatever technical advice we are receiving is accurately stated? How do we mere mortals knowπŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Prof,
Is that 5 month immunity post jab one or someone who has recovered from C19?
I fully agree no amount of immunity will prevent you being a potential carrier. It amazes me how many people in London are saying no to the vaccine😒😒
I haven’t seen my Yorkshire family for 7 months now. Even my son wonders what I look like !
I dealt with two very expensive claims during the Foot and Mouth outbreak. Tony Blair took advice from Prof Neil Ferguson. Remember the massive funeral pyres of cattle and sheep. Subsequent boffins have in recent years questioned those decisions saying only 10% of the animals needed culling. Let’s hope whoever or whatever technical advice we are receiving is accurately stated? How do we mere mortals knowπŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰
[/QUOTE

Ah the wisdom of hindsight

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Here is a link to the U.K. Siren study. The initial results show the immunity after having Covid is at least 5 months, an analogous US study says 8 months. So both head in the right direction. Of 6614 who had had Covid 42 had a possible reinfection and 2 had a probable reinfection. 44 in total but since there were few genetic details taken of the β€œ first” infection it cannot categorically confirm that all had Covid anyway. And the tests themselves may not have picked up if some continued to carry Covid without testing positive. But overall it’s a positive result that will inform future health care policy.

if you have had Covid the risk of reinfection is rare, but you may still carry and pass the virus on. The equivalence to protection from vaccines seems similar but further work is required to see if vaccines give protection equivalent to having Covid. The good news being that possible reinfection does not give such severe effects as Covid first time.

The U.K. briefing given from SIREN/PHE hasn’t been peer reviewed but aligns with similar results from some other countries.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/...ates-in-antibody-positive-healthcare-workers/

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/c...s-study-but-some-may-still-pass-the-virus-on/

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-long-does-immunity-last-after-covid-19-what-we-know

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My SIL's mother had a fall during the cold snap last week resulting in a broken wrist. . At her follow up consultation to day, she had to have it reset. She also had a lateral flow test which has come back positive. :( :(

Apparently the LFT is a general test for infections and not specific for C19, but a positive result is usually followed by full C19 test.
We're just crossing everything for her.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My SIL's mother had a fall during the cold snap last week resulting in a broken wrist. . At her follow up consultation to day, she had to have it reset. She also had a lateral flow test which has come back positive. :( :(

Apparently the LFT is a general test for infections and not specific for C19, but a positive result is usually followed by full C19 test.

Hope for the best for her. 🀞🀞🀞

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Hi ProfJohnL. When its someone close it is more worrying but hope that the news is positive and that she is okay. Hoping that her arm is mended and she is back normal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts