site near robinhoods bay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can suggest one to AVOID - Middlewood farm nr. Robin Hoods Bay. It is the worst site we've ever stayed at. Given the high fee and numerous acolades we were very disappointed. The advertised 'panoramic views' can't be seen from the field they put the touring caravans in. The hard standings are a small messy scattering of gravel mixed with mud and weeds - so small you have to park your car in front of your van. The field was boggy, grass was long and the access road was a dirt track. I found them quite unfriendly too. I spoke to other caravanners whilst we were there and they all agreed it was a very poor site. We usually stay at CC sites and can't fault those - perhaps we're just used to a better standard.

BML

Dec 30, 2004
Visit site
When I went round the coast looking for sites with a view of the sea I found a number of good sites near Robin Hoods Bay. I think the nicest was "Hooks House Farm, Whitby Road, Robin Hood Bay, Whitby, Yorkshire. Y022 4PE"

The commnets that I wrote were: This is everything good about Yorkshire with a friendly reception, wonderful views and all at a good price. Other site owners would do well to attempt to copy this site. The area caters for the tourists being in a National Park which provides good walking, cycling and horse riding. The site is close to traditional seaside places such as Scarborough, Robin Hood Bay and Whitby and they have everything from fossils to Captain Cook to boast about. For T.V. watchers it is "Heartbeat" country.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts