Sites2 hours E,W orSouth of Aviemore

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Approximately! We are just trying to plan things a little bit. We know we definitely want to go to Aviemore for the 1st week but are a fair bit unsure about our 2nd stop. We dont want to go 2 far for coming home again with young children. Thought of St Andrews but unsure, or indecisive! Any suggestions very welcome.

Happy touring everyone

Caroline

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Caroline,

Down the A9, just over an hour, Blair Atholl. The Blair Castle site is excellent, especially for kids. We go regularly with our two.

Over to the West, is Bunree Caravan Club site also excellent, or South of that is North Ledaig.

In the St Andrews area you could try Sauchope Links, it has a heated outdoor pool.

All of these sites have excellent clean facilities, good kids playareas, different characters and all have websites.

Oh, The Gart in The Trossachs too. We're away there in April.

Hope this helps a little,

Alex.

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Hello Caroline, the Caravan Club Site at Granton on Spey (about an hour from Aviemore) is very nice and handy for the town. We also really liked the Camping and Caravan Club Site at Speyside. This particular site is very close to about 10 distillaries and is handy for the Moray coast. There is also a cc site at Huntly but have never been there. The C&CC site at Nairn just east of Inverness is nice too (although you do get some road noise).

Dont know where you are staying when you go to Aviemore but we stay at Newtonmore (CC site) and return time and time again. Just love it.

Good luck

Linda

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
I really should have read your request more closely because everywhere I recommended was north of Aviemore (except Newtonmore).

Coming south down the A9 we have stayed many many times at the Camping and caravan club site at Scone Palace (Perth). Its a bit out of town but its on Perth Racecourse and that has its benefits on racedays.

Linda

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
What fantastic replies, thank you everyone.I look forward to going through all the suggestions later tonight when the house is more peaceful!Children are full of energy.We are all very excited about the delivery of our new caravan on Saturday!

We stay in the Scottish Borders,sorry for not including that Maureen but I wanted the suggestions to be about the area from Aviemore as we dont want to be that close to home for 2nd trip, just not loads further than Aviemore,if i make sense.

Thanx-Caroline

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts