Social event of the year - PC forum users meet up on campsite...

Page 18 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

The magazine has advised me that they will be happy to run a feature in a future issue of the mag (later this year) regarding our meet.

This is what Alex has emailed to me:

What would be great is if someone could do around 1200 words all about how you all got together - be good to hear the ins and outs of how you all gradually got to know each other - and how you came up with the idea of the rally. Then let us know what you actually did on the rally, and what is was like meeting each other in person for the first time. Just a good, jolly

read that's not only about the rally but lots of background before it, too.

It would be fun to get a few quotes from people on what they think about the whole thing too. Other than that I'm actually very happy to give you a fairly free reign, so long as the piece tells the whole story, and with lots of laughs and character in it. Oh, and loads of pix would be great, too. We'll

run it over two or three pages some time later this year.

If people could think about if they would like to offer their services, perhaps we could decide at Lickhill.

Is that ok? Or would people like nominate someone?

I'm afraid I won't be putting my name forward!

Regards

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes Lisa, decide at the site, that way we will have a good idea how the meet is going, who has the best literary bent and who can remember anything.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes Lisa, decide at the site, that way we will have a good idea how the meet is going, who has the best literary bent and who can remember anything.
'best literary bent and who can remember anything' - that's me out then, thank god!!

L

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

I agree, nominate someone when we are sorted out, what time is everyone arriving at Lickhill?

Lolly x
Whatever time I say I should arrive, add at least an hour to that as I always get lost.

Lisa

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Probably around lunch time too then, give us time to set up properly before we "mingle" - according to the AA website it's about 101 miles from where we live.

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just had a thought - to date there have been 289 postings on this subject regarding the Spring time bun fight at the OK Corall. What are you lot going to discuss after this meet is over?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Depends on what happens at the meet Colin, if it goes ok and I see no reason why it shouldn't, like Mark says, the next rally will be the big topic. Would you be up for a second "meet" Colin? Perhaps a few of the other regulars could contemplate it too.

TRENDING THREADS