Social event of the year - PC forum users meet up on campsite...

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are certainly all for it. Agree that Billing Aquadrome is a good venue - nice and central - loads of space.

Only problem is that this venue is very well used by many clubs etc. My sons go regularly to the JapFest car event as does a friend who goes to the American Car event. This site also featured on the Caravan & Camping programme some months ago when they were looking at "Five wheelers"

Just checked their website and nothing as yet logged for 2006.

If we do set a date can it please be a week or two after April 6th as this is our busiest time of the year. Even more so this year with "A-Day".

Who was it that said they liked Red Wine? Maybe a wine tasting evening? Could be a laugh!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are certainly all for it. Agree that Billing Aquadrome is a good venue - nice and central - loads of space.

Only problem is that this venue is very well used by many clubs etc. My sons go regularly to the JapFest car event as does a friend who goes to the American Car event. This site also featured on the Caravan & Camping programme some months ago when they were looking at "Five wheelers"

Just checked their website and nothing as yet logged for 2006.

If we do set a date can it please be a week or two after April 6th as this is our busiest time of the year. Even more so this year with "A-Day".

Who was it that said they liked Red Wine? Maybe a wine tasting evening? Could be a laugh!
That was me .... Sheila

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ok, Billings would seem the best all round, and they don't have fixed pitches, we can spread around wherever we want. If we can at least make this solid with some sort of vote we can then move on to the dates.

Btw, Stinky, you in the scouts bud?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think it could be like internet dating (not that Ive done any mind!). We all have our own perception of each other and may become very disappointed when we finally meet. So personally I would like to know the date(s) and venue so that I can steer clear if necessary. However, my mate Kang. (deceased, hopefully temporarily) has kindly offered the grounds to his humble abode to host such a meet on condition that he gets, at the very least, a snog off Lisa and Tina. I hope that the Mod. will be there to sort out any problems. Being as Kanga is still awaiting sentence all replies will have to be sent via myself and I will pass them on to him post haste.
Still don't see why you don't want to come Dave, it isn't a dating agency, and if it will resolve your fears a brief description of oneself will take the shock away when we all first meet. I myself will be 42 when it happens (birthday is in April) am very average looking, won't win any beauty contests but haven't scared any pensioners lately. Overweight (stopped smoking, diet when I get my will power back) and short hair to throw people off the scent of my receding hairline. I shuffle along like I have all the worlds' troubles on my back, but inside I smiling. See that ain't too bad is it? If you think were all going to be the beautiful people your wrong, so join us. Just make sure you bring alcohol.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

You would'nt catch me at Billing (Other than the fact its only ten miles down the road)but then you are never going to please everybody. Have fun.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

You would'nt catch me at Billing (Other than the fact its only ten miles down the road)but then you are never going to please everybody. Have fun.
Something you did or something they did?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave

It won't be like internet dating at all. From using the forum, we all have a general idea of what each others personalities are like. Who cares if some of us are old and decrepit/one leg etc, for heavens sake it's a social do. It's not all about looks you know.

Lh

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave

It won't be like internet dating at all. From using the forum, we all have a general idea of what each others personalities are like. Who cares if some of us are old and decrepit/one leg etc, for heavens sake it's a social do. It's not all about looks you know.

Lh
but going by the "personalities",it will be interesting to see if their personalities match their keyboard skills.............

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Something you did or something they did?
Hi Lol

Don't want to appear a party pooper or miserable git but go to forum search at the top of the page and type in Nothamptonshire, there is only one result read it all. Then type in billing, again one result. Read the submission from 'Nigel' . I recently had a load of work done at home and the digger driver was a relative of the owners of Billing and he did little to convince me that what is printed is not true.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

Hi Lol

Don't want to appear a party pooper or miserable git but go to forum search at the top of the page and type in Nothamptonshire, there is only one result read it all. Then type in billing, again one result. Read the submission from 'Nigel' . I recently had a load of work done at home and the digger driver was a relative of the owners of Billing and he did little to convince me that what is printed is not true.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

Martyn

I've done a search and can't find it. How old is the posting and is it in uk parks etc?

Thanks.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
So can I confirm definates as follows:

1. Me!

2. Big Roy

3. Lol

4. Icemaker

5. ben my chree

6. Samansouke

7. Deano3528

8. Ian

9. Billy

10. CliveV

Stinky - are you interested?

Graham W - are you interested?

Martyn - are you interested?

Are we going for easter 06? - Good Friday is 14th April 06

Clive - is that date ok for you?

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lickhill in Stourport on Severn

I've just rang them. They are taking bookings for 06 and 07.

If we go for easter, the nightly rate with hookup is

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
but going by the "personalities",it will be interesting to see if their personalities match their keyboard skills.............
Mine doesn't, but who gives a fig? I'm just worried, I don't remember all that I do, a little brandy and I get loud, apparently, but I can't always recall what I do.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

Not a problem Martyn, I have been there twice myself and apart from the toilet/washroom facilities (dire) had a great time. It is noisey and the staff don't seem to be bothered but it is a good central location. looks like we might have another place to consider, hope you can make that one.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
sounds good to me Lisa,there's probably more who would be interested but haven't seen the post probably due to shift patterns etc. For instance we haven't heard from Tina.

Daventura,I was quite surprised by your post as one of the comedians on the forum I thought you would be well up for it.

By the way you compare it to internet dating it seems there is a deeper side to you,we're only getting together for a bit of a laugh and to put some faces to the names not looking for a life partner,lighten up mate.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Hands up for Lickhill,

Easter Yes or No?

At the mo, the following agree:

Me

Roy

Samanosuke

Lol

Ian

We'll await to hear from others.

Yes, I think there will be more people interested too. Hope Tina is ok.

When I rang Lickhill, as said previously, she said she would prefer to deal with one person and receive the cheques for deposits en mass sent by one person, not posted in by the individuals. Obviously, you make the cheques payable to the site I don't mind sorting that out but any suggestions as to how we go about it as I don't want to put my address on the forum.

Lisa.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Hands up for Lickhill,

Easter Yes or No?

Me

Roy

Samanosuke

Lol

Ian

When I rang Lickhill, as said previously, she said she would prefer to deal with one person and receive the cheques for deposits en mass sent by one person, not posted in by the individuals. Obviously, you make the cheques payable to the site I don't mind sorting that out but any suggestions as to how we go about it as I don't want to put my address on the forum.

Lisa.
Does everyone have a paypal account?

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Hands up for Lickhill,

Easter Yes or No?

Me

Roy

Samanosuke

Lol

Ian

Lisa.
Lisa ask the moderator I think he can give you our e mail addresses with our permission

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa ask the moderator I think he can give you our e mail addresses with our permission
Hi Roy and Lol

Yes, I have a paypal account.

I'll email the mod regarding the email addresses. Good thinking.

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts