Soft floor

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Help

My husband and I are new to carvaning and have recently decided our small but compact van is too small. We went to look at a van yesterday and the floor was soft, very soft infact..Is this normal?, he seems to think it was!? Also in the shower area this was all mouldy is this or could this be the start of damp?

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't presume to know what's wrong with the floor Sue, or whether the mould in the shower area is damp or maybe just condensation. What I would say though is that there are plenty of vans around, so why not have a look at one that doesn't have obvious problems? No sense in taking on trouble....well, that's my view anyway.

Another Sue

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sue

I would leave this van well alone, what you describe sounds like floor delamination, and sounds like damp in your shower area. All this would cost to put right, plus what other problems are there!! My advice is leave van alone .

Dougie......

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sue

This damp money pit is one to walk away from.

The mould is a sure sign of water ingress which is the biggest killer of caravans and the spongy floor is a symptom of delamination and is definitely not 'normal'.

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your advice, we have walked away and started looking for something else. We both thought it wasn't right but not knowing we just wanted someone else to push us in the right direction.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts