soot from fridge vent

Aug 19, 2006
Visit site
hi

can anyone tell me why when i run my fridge on gas i get black soot on the vent and side of the caravan the van is only 2 years old and was serviced by the dealer 2 mounths ago

thanks

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stephen, the usual reason for sooty exhaust from any gas appliance is poor burning at the jet, not enough air to fuel mixture, normally caused by blocked air holes.

Whilst you may well have had the dealer service the van, unless you specifically ask them to clean and chek burning patterns, ayt extra cost of course, they will only test the appliance to see if it lights and extinguishes when switched off.

Your fridge burner bar need a good clean and then checked for correct burning. The flame, if you can see it, should be blue, any trace of yellow indicates incorrect burning.

Aug 19, 2006
Visit site
Stephen, the usual reason for sooty exhaust from any gas appliance is poor burning at the jet, not enough air to fuel mixture, normally caused by blocked air holes.

Whilst you may well have had the dealer service the van, unless you specifically ask them to clean and chek burning patterns, ayt extra cost of course, they will only test the appliance to see if it lights and extinguishes when switched off.

Your fridge burner bar need a good clean and then checked for correct burning. The flame, if you can see it, should be blue, any trace of yellow indicates incorrect burning.
Thanks that expains things a little better i just thought it would have been cleaned on the service

thanks again

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Although it can be a problem with the burner a more common reason is a blockage in the flue pipe above caused by rust or very often a spiders web.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts