Sorento

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
To Lawrence

Sorry not to have got back to you before but been away as I said I would be. The site we stopped at was in Vico Equense down by the harbour and very good. The site name is Sant'Antonio and is 4 star. Owner is very friendly and helpful.

It is in the ACSI Camping Card 2008 book and if you get this from ACSI www.campingcard.com it is 14 euros per night.

If you need anymore info please contact me

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
Dianne

Thanks for this. This site is in the CC Europe book and says it is 1km down a narrow road , possibly congested - is it that bad? Also that access to pitches is difficult because of trees. We have 7.2 meter van with a motor mover - I presume it would not be that difficult!!

Thanks again

Lawrence

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dianne and Lawrence

I have been following your posts with interest. I, too, am interested in staying in the Sorrento area this summer. We love Italy and have been for the last 2 summers. The further south we have got so far is to Rome. We too have a 7.2 metre van (Bailey Senator) but without a motor mover. As both of us are teachers we have to go in July/August when the sites are busiest.

Any further info would be gratefully received.

Tim

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Dianne

Thanks for this. This site is in the CC Europe book and says it is 1km down a narrow road , possibly congested - is it that bad? Also that access to pitches is difficult because of trees. We have 7.2 meter van with a motor mover - I presume it would not be that difficult!!

Thanks again

Lawrence
Yes the road is a bit narrow and congested at the weekends but we did not have a problem with our Amara 520 4 berth the first year we went there we did not have a motor mover but did on our second visit. Like nearly all Italian sites there are trees but they did not present us with a poblem.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Lawrence and Tim

Hi Yes the road is a bit narrow but is only a bit congested at the weekends. The trees did not worry us we had an Amara 520 4 berth. The first stay there we did not have a motor mover the second time we did. Most Italian sites seem to have trees but I do not remember too many on thhis site. With regarding July/August I do not know how busy this site is then as we went April/May time on both visits.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Welcome back Diane - didn't know you were going away - where've you been? Now it is back to that well known supermarket who are constantly making it awkward for motorists - constantly digging up the car park and pathways hehehehe

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hope you have a lovely holiday anyway. When do you go?

We are off 26th March til 25th June but will only go as far south as Florence this year as we are trying Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and Czech Rep. After a month in Southern Austria

Dianne

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
We are booked on the ferry for 10.5.08, returning 22.6.08. We hope to visit Lake Garda, Tuscany, Rome and Sorrento. We will either travel there via Germany and Austria nad return through France. Envious of you trying the countries you mention. My wife is not so sure that the facilities will be what she would like there. Maybe some time in the future. Enjoy your trip and maybe you could let me know of useful place to stay ther.

Lawrence

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We are booked on the ferry for 10.5.08, returning 22.6.08. We hope to visit Lake Garda, Tuscany, Rome and Sorrento. We will either travel there via Germany and Austria nad return through France. Envious of you trying the countries you mention. My wife is not so sure that the facilities will be what she would like there. Maybe some time in the future. Enjoy your trip and maybe you could let me know of useful place to stay ther.

Lawrence
Lawrence Have you done the trip thro Germany and Austria to Lake Garda before? Have some good sites we stay at on the way can recommend if you haven't. Take the ACSI card too.

Have a lovely trip

Dianne

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
Lawrence Have you done the trip thro Germany and Austria to Lake Garda before? Have some good sites we stay at on the way can recommend if you haven't. Take the ACSI card too.

Have a lovely trip

Dianne
Dianne

Dianne, no. We went to Italy via the Moselle valley and Switzerland through the San Gothard tunnel last year. I would welcome the suggestions of sites in Germany and Austria.

Thanks

Lawrence

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
Dianne

I replied to your last comment re sites in Germany and Austria in your comments section. In case you do not see them - I would welcome sugestions for sites en route to Lake Garda in Germany and Austria. We went to Italy last year but stopped at the Moselle valley and Basle.

Lawrence

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Dianne

I replied to your last comment re sites in Germany and Austria in your comments section. In case you do not see them - I would welcome sugestions for sites en route to Lake Garda in Germany and Austria. We went to Italy last year but stopped at the Moselle valley and Basle.

Lawrence
Lawrence

We stay at a lovely site at Oberweis near Bitburg going down and coming back. The name is Prumtal Camping. It is a 4 star site and is 14 euros with the ACSI card. The restaurant is excellent 4 star at 2 star prices On their website you can see everything even their menu. The next stop is Alisehof Camping in the Black Forest takes ACSI card too 14 Euros and a 4 star site. Then we go on to Austria and Innsbruck we have always stopped at Kranbitten which too is ACSI but this year, because they have widened and made the access better at the Nattersee we are going to try there for a couple of nights before going on to San Francesco at Desenzano on Garda. The last two sites take Camping Cheques. Kranbitten is very good but we fancied a change and Nattersee is nearly on the Brenner Pass which we go to Italy on.

Hope this helps.

Dianne

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
Dianne

Thank you. I will look these sites up. My wife keeps changing her mind on the route to and from Italy, but then I suppose that is the beauty of caravanning - book a ferry and go as you please! I hope you enjoy your trip and I would be very keen to hear how you get on in 'Eastern Europe' when you get back.

Regards

Lawrence

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts