Speed limiters could be launched on UK cars within months under new EU rule

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A friend of mine had "This Healy" it is now in Florida and apparently up for sale. It was the modified Mk 2 Squariel engine. And it didn't leak.
N55VEacFDX7015XX.jpg

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
That's a lovely looking bike-prices are on the up. Norton are back as are BSA, Enfield have a research and dev complex here and Triumph just celebrated selling their millionth bike-the UK bike manufacturers are flying!

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
That's a lovely looking bike-prices are on the up. Norton are back as are BSA, Enfield have a research and dev complex here and Triumph just celebrated selling their millionth bike-the UK bike manufacturers are flying!
I have a lovely 2018 Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster, and like all the Classic range was built in.....

Thailand....

Reactions: JezzerB

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Surely discussing motorbikes should be on another thread?
I've got more productive and interesting ways to spend my time than to waste it trying to restrict forum members from expanding a discussion to include something that several members are interested in.
From a moderators point of view, no forum rules are being broken and I'm not going to dictate what can and can't be discussed in a friendly polite way on any given thread.

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
The introduction and activation of speed limiters would almost certainly be applied to some but not all vehicles. Many vehicles on the road with no speed limiting equipment installed and/or activated would presumably be exempt. It would be a long time before the exempt vehicles disappeared., and in our area the local" tearaways" would be driving or riding them. Any government brave enough to introduce compulsory fitment to all vehicles in the near future, would have a challenge on their hands.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The introduction and activation of speed limiters would almost certainly be applied to some but not all vehicles. Many vehicles on the road with no speed limiting equipment installed and/or activated would presumably be exempt. It would be a long time before the exempt vehicles disappeared., and in our area the local" tearaways" would be driving or riding them. Any government brave enough to introduce compulsory fitment to all vehicles in the near future, would have a challenge on their hands.
The system will doubtless be fitted into the new cars irrespective. It’s up to the Government to decide if they should be initiated. But as the level of autonomy increases in cars it’s a given that speed limit adherence systems will be used. But when you see the details of the actual proposals there is leeway to exceed speed limits if that’s your forte.

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts