Speed stickers

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, we are getting ready for our up and coming trip to France, my question is do I need to put speed stickers on the rear of the van? if yes which ones and where do they need to be positioned.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I live in France and have never had them on my caravans. I believe, however, that a lot depends on the gross weight of the outfit.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
The simple answer is "no, you don't need to display speed stickers". The Vienna Convention takes care of that in the respect that if a vehicle complies with plating etc in its Country of origin then unless there are any special circumstances (as in vehicle dimensions that are prohibited), it is not required to comply with individual issues. Take VED for instance. How many foreign vehicles do you see displaying valid UK VED discs? (I'll get that one in before October when you probably won't see many UK vehicles displaying either!)

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Just returned from our first trip away and 3 weeks in France and over 2ooo miles driven and can't believe how crazy and fast the French drive , enjoy and be alert ! Can't wait for next year !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts