Still waiting on Elddis 2022

Apr 15, 2022
Visit site
How is everyone getting re waiting for Elddis vans as they appear to be the only ones with delays visited salop Leisure yesterday they have swifts ready for puchase, and some coachman think popular models are now sold out though, friends picked up a new Bailey last week , our Elddis has been on order since September 2021 been given three delivery dates so far wish they would come clean and tell customers what is really happening Eldiss website says 2023 will be in showrooms in August beyond annoyed

Reactions: Twomarts
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Our friends got theirs just after Christmas ( June ordered) and the Buc website has photos from quite a few very happy owners who've just received theirs so they are coming through slowly, but I think this is the case with almost any product; supply is difficult. Get on a well known electronics firms website and many items are ' supply erratic'. I've just tried to buy some motorcycle boots and many popular sizes were out of stock for some makes.

I've read of some Coachman models being cancelled totally with customers told they could pay for the more expensive model or have their deposit back after the factory fire; though am sure things are improving now.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Our friends got theirs just after Christmas ( June ordered) and the Buc website has photos from quite a few very happy owners who've just received theirs so they are coming through slowly, but I think this is the case with almost any product; supply is difficult. Get on a well known electronics firms website and many items are ' supply erratic'. I've just tried to buy some motorcycle boots and many popular sizes were out of stock for some makes.

I've read of some Coachman models being cancelled totally with customers told they could pay for the more expensive model or have their deposit back after the factory fire; though am sure things are improving now.
Have you looked at these people.
https://maximomoto.co.uk/.
Good discounts if they have your size.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
As with the other thread some Eldiss models appear to have a problem with parts and it is probably one of these ordered.
All the caravan firms will have prototypes of next years models ready soon and will probably have to have a few showroom ones ready for to launch in September. Not at all sure what will happen with orders for caravans they cannot get necessary parts for though.

May 5, 2022
Visit site
We ordered a Compass Casita 860 last October and were given a delivery date of end of March/ beginning of April. In February we were told there was a delay and it was now anytime from April to June. Not heard anything from the dealer since but keeping our fingers crossed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We ordered a Compass Casita 860 last October and were given a delivery date of end of March/ beginning of April. In February we were told there was a delay and it was now anytime from April to June. Not heard anything from the dealer since but keeping our fingers crossed.
I hope I'm not the harbinger of bad news, but I do advise you to check the terms and conditions of your order, and look for any clauses relating to price rises being applied whilst the caravan is on order - Just a heads up.

May 5, 2022
Visit site
I hope I'm not the harbinger of bad news, but I do advise you to check the terms and conditions of your order, and look for any clauses relating to price rises being applied whilst the caravan is on order - Just a heads up.
Just checked t&cs, if there is a price increase they must inform us. We then have the right to cancel and have our deposit returned.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jun 14, 2022
Visit site
How is everyone getting re waiting for Elddis vans as they appear to be the only ones with delays visited salop Leisure yesterday they have swifts ready for puchase, and some coachman think popular models are now sold out though, friends picked up a new Bailey last week , our Elddis has been on order since September 2021 been given three delivery dates so far wish they would come clean and tell customers what is really happening Eldiss website says 2023 will be in showrooms in August beyond annoyed
I ordered my elddis chatsworth 454 in October last year first told feb march, then delays may June , then late august , now October ….???????? Glossop seem to have no ideas as to the exact delay beyond fed up thinking of cancellation. Any one any ideas as to why . Othe brands seem to have stock inc contine Erwin hymer brands .

May 5, 2022
Visit site
I phoned Highbridge caravans on 31st May to get an update on our Compass Casita 860 that we ordered last October. Original delivery date was end of March, that was put back to April-June and now been told build is scheduled for August/September. I would have cancelled the order but my wife has set her heart on it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To be fair to all manufacturers, it only takes one essential component to be unavailable to hold up production. It could be a supplier has ceased production, meaning the caravan manufacturer has to try and source it from somewhere else.

Bear in mind that all suppliers have been stretched and have had problems to meet existing orders, it could stretch them even further if they have to then to supply a new customer.

It could be the new supplier does not have the same manufacturing equipment, which means the parts need to be redesigned or alternatives tested for compatibility with the caravan.

No caravan manufacturer should simply accept an alternative part without evaluating it.

From a quality assurance perspective, it could be argued that if a companies production is so sensitive to supply failures, they should have considered multi source or alternatives as part of the original design process... But this is the caravan industry so what should I expect?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
On a parallel track my wife ordered a recliner chair in January 2022 for delivery in mid May, now the estimate is end July. The customer service say delay is caused by manufacturing delays with the recliner mechanism and springs. She paid in full as there was a very good discount including five years warranty, and insurance cover, and no price rises in the contract. So it’s a problem not just on caravans, but Eldiss do appear gain more reports of longer delays than other makes. For a build in September that would normally be the next model year caravan so I wonder what model year Eldiss will provide for an August build?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Dealers are taking orders for 2023 Elddis caravans even though Elddis cannot manage to fulfil 2022 orders on time at present?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I phoned Highbridge caravans on 31st May to get an update on our Compass Casita 860 that we ordered last October. Original delivery date was end of March, that was put back to April-June and now been told build is scheduled for August/September. I would have cancelled the order but my wife has set her heart on it.
I hope it come soon and you can start enjoying it

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the Prof is correct and the problem is parts. From what I understand Eldiss have had a a problem and at one time had many almost completed models stored waiting the missing bits. I am not sure where they are now but if the parts arrive then staff have to come off the building line to fit these.
It is not in Eldiss's interest to delay completing orders, as this affects cash flow, although possibly like many companies they can be over optimistic when assessing when a new model will be built.

May 5, 2022
Visit site
I hope it come soon and you can start enjoying it
We've now cancelled the order for our new caravan and had our deposit back. We found an immaculate 2020 Eldis Avante 860 for sale from a caravan sales and have saved ourselves £4000. It came with an awning, portable satellite system and a starter pack. We already have everything from our old caravan including an awning and anticipate making about £800 selling what we don't need.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Possibly the right choice for you. I suspect the dealer is also happy as he will be able to sell the caravan when, or possibly if, it arrives at a higher price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts