Storage in West Sussex for a twin axle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

Our caravan is due to be ready for pick up in late January / Early Feb so I've emailed around a bit trying to find a Cassoa rated site locally, but it seems they are either too busy to reply or are full.

I must admit I thought this part would be easy so are we going to have an issue with storage? Ideally want someone around 10 miles from Angmering.

Cheers,

Ricky

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
GrahamE said:
Not sure whether Littlehampton is Cassoa rated, Bosham where are van is stored was but have just dropped out of the scheme.

I'm waiting for the one in Littlehampton to get back to me, the one in Bosham is full unfortunately.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ricky_s said:
Hi All,

Our caravan is due to be ready for pick up in late January / Early Feb so I've emailed around a bit trying to find a Cassoa rated site locally, but it seems they are either too busy to reply or are full.

I must admit I thought this part would be easy so are we going to have an issue with storage? Ideally want someone around 10 miles from Angmering.

Cheers,

Ricky

Hello Ricky,

Unless your insurance company is insisting you use a Cassoa site, then you need to question what benefits you think using a Cassoa site offers.

Whist they have various levels of awards Bronze, silver and Gold, from what I have seen the standards are rather inconsistent, and seem to be there to protect the site owner than the caravan owner who is paying for the service.

All the advertising often show pictures of impressive looking security features, and this implies they offer a more secure site, but when their security fails and you suffer some kind of insured loss, just like all other sites they then expect you to claim of your insurance.

Using a Cassoa site means you are paying a premium price often 50 to 100% more than other non affiliated sites, which may offer the same levels of site control.

It is your choice but I do urge you to satisfy yourself their prices are what you want, or need to pay.

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Hello Ricky,

Unless your insurance company is insisting you use a Cassoa site, then you need to question what benefits you think using a Cassoa site offers.

Whist they have various levels of awards Bronze, silver and Gold, from what I have seen the standards are rather inconsistent, and seem to be there to protect the site owner than the caravan owner who is paying for the service.

All the advertising often show pictures of impressive looking security features, and this implies they offer a more secure site, but when their security fails and you suffer some kind of insured loss, just like all other sites they then expect you to claim of your insurance.

Using a Cassoa site means you are paying a premium price often 50 to 100% more than other non affiliated sites, which may offer the same levels of site control.

It is your choice but I do urge you to satisfy yourself their prices are what you want, or need to pay.

Thanks Prof, I will have a look around for any local ones that look secure.

Anyone have a recommendation?

cheers,

Ricky

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I've finally managed to find somewhere that has space for a twin-axle, the van is coming in a couple of weeks and I was starting to get a little concerned!

Everywhere I emailed said no once I said how big the van is until finally getting somewhere this afternoon. :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well done, where I store my caravan, in Bucks, they refuse to take twin axle caravans , due to the theft that used to happen by the people with the big red gas bottles and horses. But since two brothers about two to three year ago got arrested the UK thefts of caravans has declined by about 50 % I read in a magazine.
Hutch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts