Sunncamp Sunnshield 280

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Does anyone own and use one of these?

How do they fair in windy conditions? Are they more or less likely to 'take flight' than a standard awning? Looking at the three poles at the front, could I shorten the outside ones to allow rain water run off (assuming they're not adjustable), or are they only suitable for dry use.

I'm looking for something light, quick and easy to put up / take down, just to give us a dry area outside the caravan door. I already have an awning, but if I had to take it down when wet I'd struggle to get it dried out when I got home where as a rectangular sheet could hang over the washing line indefinitely.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Be very aware of wind conditions. We use a sunshade awning but we fasten it down with very heavy duty pegs. We also check the weather for the day.

It is no fun trying to drag back an sunshade that has blown onto the roof of the caravan with the poles still intact. Ask me how I know! :LOL:

Reactions: Beardy
Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Be very aware of wind conditions. We use a sunshade awning but we fasten it down with very heavy duty pegs. We also check the weather for the day.

It is no fun trying to drag back an sunshade that has blown onto the roof of the caravan with the poles still intact. Ask me how I know! :LOL:
That's what I was worried about to be honest. I guess a few extra guy lines might be an idea, along with screw in ground anchors. Do you take yours down overnight?

Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
We have the 390 Sunncamp sun awning. Just slightly bigger with 4 poles.
Very easy to put up and take down.
Wet conditions we just lower the middle poles and make a temporary chute for the water to run off.

Reactions: Beardy

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Does anyone own and use one of these?
I already have an awning, but if I had to take it down when wet I'd struggle to get it dried out when I got home where as a rectangular sheet could hang over the washing line indefinitely.

The awning we have is the Airbeam Vango version of this sort of sunncamp

When it is wet we peg the Kador with clothes pegs along the washing line and inflate the hoop shaped air beam. Peg down the front corners. Dry in no time.
My own view of sun canopies- certainly not shared by all- is that they are neither use nor ornament in the UK. Sunnier climes maybe but British weather restricts their use too much
( Braces self for barrage of disagreements)
But each to their own.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts