Swift 220 or Lunar 462

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi all

I know this may sound a bit odd when everyone else seems to be trying to get the biggest caravan and car they possibly can but we would like to go smaller. We HAVE thought serously about this and it is right for us so I'm hoping I can get some info from others who have done this.

We would like to go as small as possible and are looking at dealers specials on the Swift 220 and have found a couple we really like. At the NEC we discounted the lovely little Elddis 302 which is really roomy for a van its size because of the lovely L-shaped lounge. It would have been great if the washroom had been plastic lined rather than "damp come and get me" wallboard. We also like the light weight Lunar Quasar 462 but that is still longer than we would really like. If however they still did the L-shaped lounge as is advertised in the brochure this might also be a serious contender.

Has anyone actually got either of these two 'vans? If so, I would be grateful of some feed back. I've not seen an owner's eye view or live in test of either of these vans as most of the magazine reviews seem to be concerned with big or family vans. If the PC magazine was looking for a live-in test couple for either of these vans we would love to oblige but I bet Nigel would have hundreds of testers lining up.

Thanks folks.

Denise

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
We went smaller with our current vaan, traded in a fixed bed 4 birth for a 2 birth end bathroom, suits us and more room in the living area, less weight and we also went up in spec as the caravan was smaller.

Kevin

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
hi Denise

We have had several 2 berths in the weight range you are wanting and currently have a Lunar 462. This has proved fine, it ticks most of our boxes. Yes if I was to change than some things may be better in a different van, but then on the other some may be worse in a van. It ia all a matter of taste and what each person wants. I have found that all caravans are a compromise. so chose the one that as I say "ticks the most boxes at a price you can afford"

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Louise and Kevin

Thanks for your imput. Its nice to know in this big, bigger, biggest world that others also understand that small is beautiful for some of us. We've still not decided which one. We are waiting for a reply to some questions we have put to Lunar but are definitely leaning towards a 'Dealer Special' on the little Swift 220. Meanwhile we will continue to enjoy our Bailey Senator Virginia...Peak District this weekend, Suffolk the next one then a week off before a family walking weekend bsaed on the Pennine Way from the Crowden CCC.

Denise

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts