Swift Challenger Replace Microwave

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
I have a Swift Challenger 560 2021. The microwave stopped heating which suggests the magnetron has failed. I have sourced similar models that I can buy at a lesser rate than from Swift but I am struggling to remove the old. I can removed the panel above and the method is supposed to lift it up and out but I am finding it difficult to lift it level to get out of the cavity. I don’t want to damage the wood at the bottom. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0434.jpeg
    IMG_0434.jpeg
    845.1 KB · Views: 17
Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
On mine, it was a case of removing removing the top panel (there are screws hidden behind stickers in the inner panels either side of the microwave).
Then pull out the wooden shelf thing that sits above the microwave (its a tight fit). Microwave then lifts up and out

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
On mine, it was a case of removing removing the top panel (there are screws hidden behind stickers in the inner panels either side of the microwave).
Then pull out the wooden shelf thing that sits above the microwave (it’s a tight fit). Microwave then lifts up and out
Excellent that makes total sense. Thank you.

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
Excellent that makes total sense. Thank you.
Managed to get it out thanks. What doesn’t make sense though is the manual states the dimensions as 595x343x382 but the microwave is smaller than that and the cavity too. I am looking to buy the recommended replacement Cookology IM20LSS which also has the larger dimensions in the manual!! Totally confused

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Managed to get it out thanks. What doesn’t make sense though is the manual states the dimensions as 595x343x382 but the microwave is smaller than that and the cavity too. I am looking to buy the recommended replacement Cookology IM20LSS which also has the larger dimensions in the manual!! Totally confused
Think its going to be a case of measuring the old one, then popping down Currys and seeing if you can find something similar.

The alternative is not cheap

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
Think its going to be a case of measuring the old one, then popping down Currys and seeing if you can find something similar.

The alternative is not cheap

Spoke to Cookology. The measurements include the fascia. He said it’s the third same query this week. Don’t feel so daft now. Thanks for the reply

Jul 3, 2024
Visit site
Just followed this thread and have successfully fitted a replacement microwave to my 2015 Swift Conquer 480.. Thanks for ordering information and a comfortable feeling regarding compatibility and sizes..
03/07/2024...
Regards
Ke n...

Reactions: littlebasher

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts