Swift Sprite Quattro FB 2021 Toilet Flush

Jun 1, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

I am seeking some help, we recently experienced our toilet flush stop working. We have the Thetford C262CWE system installed. The caravan dealer we bought the van from is too far away to attempt a warranty service and all nearer dealers for Swift won’t touch it as it was bought from them. Anyway.

I contacted Thetford who were great and sent me a new pump and circuit board. I have reinstalled these and still have no flush. I did fill the washer collection and the warning light does light up to say how full the tank is.

I am learning there might be another fuse. I have looked in the area the cassette is stores and have no visible fuses even when looking up. I removed some screws at the back of the cassette housing and see another circuit board located but still no fuse. Does anyone have any suggestions of other things I can try. Is there another fuse located in a different place?

Any support will be much appreciated.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
A multimeter would help in tracing where the power fails. If you are not sure how to use one, ask a friend, look on YouTube or, dare I say it, pay someone. (Always a last resort for me).

Your story does show one of the problems with the industry and the closed shop regarding warrentee work.

John

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

I am seeking some help, we recently experienced our toilet flush stop working. We have the Thetford C262CWE system installed. The caravan dealer we bought the van from is too far away to attempt a warranty service and all nearer dealers for Swift won’t touch it as it was bought from them. Anyway.

I contacted Thetford who were great and sent me a new pump and circuit board. I have reinstalled these and still have no flush. I did fill the washer collection and the warning light does light up to say how full the tank is.

I am learning there might be another fuse. I have looked in the area the cassette is stores and have no visible fuses even when looking up. I removed some screws at the back of the cassette housing and see another circuit board located but still no fuse. Does anyone have any suggestions of other things I can try. Is there another fuse located in a different place?

Any support will be much appreciated.

In most cases it is the top mounted switch and board that fails and after that the pump. But you seem to have eliminated that.

The board and switch at the back is what senses the float level in the waste tank but the fact that you get the red light when full suggests that is not the issue either. They can be had on eBay though for around a tenner or Thetford may send one.

The fuse is normally right at the back up towards the right or left (I can't recall the specific side) - are you 100% sure it's not there?

Edit- have a read of this on Caravan Talk. It suggests yours will not have a fuse in the loo itself but rather you will find it on the main circuit board and may be stand alone or shared with the water pump.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024
Visit site
Thank you for your reply, so this would make sense as to why I can’t see a fuse near the casette bay, the main fuse board does as you say combine the toilet on input 5, the fuses light up when they are broken, I did replace it anyway and the fridge is fine so the flush should work etc. there is another random circuit board in the cassette bay (pic attached). I might speak to Thetford and ask for a replacement. Interestingly using a voltage tester on the board on top of the toilet it does show that one of the black cables is not receiving power, everything else is. Stumped!

Attachments

• IMG_3647.jpeg
    IMG_3647.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Jun 1, 2024
Visit site
A multimeter would help in tracing where the power fails. If you are not sure how to use one, ask a friend, look on YouTube or, dare I say it, pay someone. (Always a last resort for me).

Your story does show one of the problems with the industry and the closed shop regarding warrentee work.

John
Thank you John, indeed! I have tested the circuit board inputs with a voltage tester and one of the black inputs is showing no signs of power. I have attached a pic and drawn red line to the one

Attachments

• IMG_3648.jpeg
    IMG_3648.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 2

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts