Taking the plunge - Bailey Beachcomber 1995

Sep 20, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

I am going to see my first caravan this weekend, a 1995 Bailey Beachcomber. Apparently it is in exc cond and has two awnings (one two years old) it is a 4 berth and an end bathroom. We are a family of four that are starting out and on a budget.

The guy, who seems very genuine, is asking £3500 for it. Can I have your comments on price and what to look for when we view. Also, are the Practical Caravan buying guides any good (probably get kicked off the site for questioning them!!!).

Becky

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Becky,

Good luck with your viewing.

Things to look for;

make sure that you see the 'van at his house (don't agree to meet somewhere),

ask to see the CRIS document for the 'van to make sure that it is registered to the address where you are,

have a good look in all the corners top and bottom of the 'van to see if you can see (or smell) any evidence of damp,

check for dents / damage (lockers, cupboards, toilet compartment, sink / taps, pipework, outer body, a-frame and underneath),

check the condition of the tyres (at this age, if they haven't been replaced already they will really need to be).

Beachcombers were Bailey's entry range so it will be a little basic, but should be a great starter if it is all okay, especially with the awnings (Make sure that they are the right size for this 'van!).

Finally, make an offer - don't pay the asking price!

Good luck with it - post if you buy it.

Neal

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts